Need some Opinions/Advise on CSi to CSL Mod

Sgranger

Reaction score
I have picked up a stripped down Csi chassis that had already had an M30 installed. I don't have any of the original drive train and it is torn down to the chassis already. I am thinking of making it a CSL replica with an M3 drivetrain but I want to do it right and want it drivable not a track car. Has anyone done a similar conversion and are flare kits and spoilers available? Looking for any opinions or advise on the idea. I won't be starting it for at least 6-9 months from now so I wanted to get the research started.

Thanks in advance for any help

stcos85

Reaction score
are you thinking of putting all the aluminium parts on it. if you are then that will run into a lot of money.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if you go to fiberglass fender kits, pick who you buy them from carefully ... they are not created equally, this is where price should not be the determining factor as you can spend more labor to make a bad kit to fit than the difference in original price.

Sgranger

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far! Red, those links help a lot. Leaning towards the CSL mod.

Sgranger

Reaction score
if you go to fiberglass fender kits, pick who you buy them from carefully ... they are not created equally, this is where price should not be the determining factor as you can spend more labor to make a bad kit to fit than the difference in original price.

If you have any recommendations that would be great

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spranger - you might want to add where you are located to your signature or info ... where you are located will make a difference as to who is going to be least expensive to ship. i can tell you that Brendan had a lot of fun on Mad Max with some of the fiberglass. i have heard the british source zaprace is one of the better suppliers - http://www.zaprace.com/csltext.htm.
in the US, if you want a CSL spoiler, contact Mario at VSR1.com, but that won't necessarily fit with the fender flares. i have no personal experience with any of the sources.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Its all good to make a personal creation. I'm all for it. But never make it pretend that it is something it is not. As in, don't put a CSL emblem on the trunk or CSL stickers on the fender stripes. Or don't put Alpina stickers on a car that has never been anywhere near Buchloe. Nothing worse than a fake of any kind.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Which M3 drive train do you plan to use? I know several coupes that run an S38/280 Getrag from a 1988 E28 M5 or E24 M6. May want to contact Mario or Chris Langsten at vsr1.com. They build, restore & maintain 3.0 CS coupes from award winning restorations to coupes that get driven 20K miles a year.

Rek

Reaction score
Its all good to make a personal creation. I'm all for it. But never make it pretend that it is something it is not. As in, don't put a CSL emblem on the trunk or CSL stickers on the fender stripes. Or don't put Alpina stickers on a car that has never been anywhere near Buchloe. Nothing worse than a fake of any kind.

Really?

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/fs-1973-3-0cs-alpina-tribute.3833/

This even had the plaque on the interior. Its your car, put what you want on it but don't hold it out as something it isn't when you sell it.