NEW E9 REGISTER - AUSTRALIA

classicman

Reaction score
I have set up an E9 register for Australian owners on Facebook. The idea is to network with fellow owners so that sourcing parts, advice etc become easier locally. At this stage it is limited to owners living in Australia:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1578571359111267/

There are currently 21 members who have joined, so if you are not on it, please consider joining.

classicman

Reaction score
Thanks Malcolm. Your Taiga Green csl - that isn't the one recently sold at Classic Throttle shop is it?

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a great idea as it is a smaller group there for sure. While I live in the States now on a work visa, I moved here from Gold Coast, QLD. I will look it up and join so if there is assistance I can give with parts etc from the States maybe I can help :)

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't FB either but I have an account to access the many car sites (e9 included) that are migrating to that platform. You can set your settings for maximum privacy and not post pics or info about yourself so the static is minimized.

I'm not on Facebook. Simple, personal choice. But I do have a coupe and I am in Melbourne. Is FB the only option?

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am still to be admitted. Maybe it is not happening because I currently live in the US LOL. Do I need to submit my Australian Passport Number? :p

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hullo, is the Sydney group getting together in december? ,I have applied to join the group to take my CSL but no response.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Burky, Regarding a meet up in Dec of E9 Sydney owners, I am not sure that will eventuate as I am currently abroad for work, and one of the other keen members is doing reconstuctive surgery on his engine. So I guess that counts two of us out for Dec. But hopefully early next year a get together should be on the cards. By the way please do post a photo of you CSL, would be great to see that.

fredp

Reaction score
Hi, just sent in my second request to join, never heard anything back from the first.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, just sent in my second request to join, never heard anything back from the first.

I am in the same boat but no longer care as I will be in the US for a while and will join if I go back to Australia. Props all the same for organizing this but some responses would be nice considering I sent my request in September. All good.

Boobouna

Reaction score
I am in the same boat but no longer care as I will be in the US for a while and will join if I go back to Australia. Props all the same for organizing this but some responses would be nice considering I sent my request in September. All good.

I'll get on to Nick to accept everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobouna

Reaction score
Hullo, is the Sydney group getting together in december? ,I have applied to join the group to take my CSL but no response.

Hi Mark unfortunately we won't be able to meet in December, my car isn't ready and Mal is overseas amongst others. My car should be ready in January so I'm hoping to put the feelers out then. Would be good to see your CSL, if it's anything like your Granatrot CS then it should be great. Damn I loved that Granatrot colour. What colour is your CSL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

classicman

Reaction score

Hi Fred. You have now been added. When I received your request, I messaged you back asking if you were an E9 owner and never got a response. I'm trying to limit this to E9 owners only, so if I don't get a response, or can't see photos of your E9 on your FB page, I don't add.

classicman

Reaction score

Hi WISE9UY. The same will have applied to you as with my answer to Fred, sorry.

classicman

Reaction score
Guys, there seems to be a bit of an anomaly with FB messenger. If you message someone who is not your FB Friend, the message seems not to go straight to that persons inbox. As soon as I get requests to join, I do respond with a message first. if I don't get an answer, I try and check your FB profile for evidence of an E9 somewhere. This is also somewhat limited as I don't get full access to your profile if we are not FB friends.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Can you guys post on here also as I would love to be involved but have no desire to join Facebook

Cheers
John

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi John, I am not a sales person for Facebook or Instagram, however I must say they are an amazing media when it comes to usefulness for car enthusiasts. There are numerous BMW FB groups and BMW Instagrammers out there. And brilliant FB groups for other marques. (The Porsche groups are particularly active on line). Facebook provides so much interesting, useful and entertaining content. Particularly via the FB newsfeed function as everyday I get new information about BMWs; parts for sales, technical info, photos, restorations - all manner of things. I was not much of a user of FB or Instagram before, but having discovered all the car stuff available myself I would recommend checking it out. Although admittedly nothing beats e9coupe.com for usefulness :)