New E9 wiring loom

fredp

Reaction score
Just received the complete csi/csl wiring loom from Autosparks in the UK. I've only had a quick look but the quality looks great and the fuel injection harness appears to have all the right connectors already installed.
So to order, make and ship to Australia (over the Christmas period) was just on 2 months. Total cost was approx 1000 UK Pounds.
I still have to do a full comparison with my original harness to see if everything is there and in the right place with the right plugs. There are no markings on the wires, so I do hope the cable colors have been matched properly. I'll try and do this over the weekend and post some photos.
My first impression is that it looks well made and must be better than my 40 year old harness.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds great! I'm also searching for a new harness for my CSi, and have considered buying one from Autosparks. I would appreciate pictures and comments later when you know more about it!

Bwana

Reaction score
Any update on the harness install? I'm looking at mine and it is looking a little tired. Probably replace it this summer. Do they use your connectors or are they all new? I'm thinking about the big connector that is down on the frame rail, possibly a BMW item?

fredp

Reaction score
I've been procrastinating like a mad woman this week, but I'll pull it out and put up the images this weekend.

fredp

Reaction score
OK, I get the hint, so here are the photos -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37610585@N02/sets/72157649971496917/

The quality looks great with all the connectors firmly attached. Not all of the plugs are supplied, but I was informed up front that I may need to use some of the connectors from my old harness.
It comes in a number of sections - front, rear, injection, etc.
The bad side is that there are no markings or labels to tell you what's what, so I can see many hours of matching up new and old. Also, checking everything against the wiring diagrams and labeling connectors and plugs.
I think I've got a bit of work to do.

Bwana

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for posting! I was under the impression that you were only getting the FI harness for your 1000. But it looks like the whole car correct?

The FI section looks like it's long enough to go all the way from the injectors to the ECU under the back seat. My harness seems to have a big connector on the right front frame rail, under the ignition coil. I wonder what the difference is.

And yes, it looks like you're in for some fun, picture #15 with all the white connectors should be a challenge. WHere do you think that goes?

fredp

Reaction score
Yes it is a complete harness for the whole car. They list it as a harness for an injected CSL.
Once I start comparing it to the existing harness and swapping over the connectors/plugs, I will have a better idea if it needs any mods.
In regards to all the white wires, I do believe I'll be spending some time with a multimeter.

Bwana

Reaction score
Not to be a pest (yea, right :D ) but any progress on this? I figure I should think about ordering the harness for it to arrive in time for early summer

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Long term experience

Hello

We are restoring a RHD City Pack and are wondering whether to spend the labour on local wiring loom restoration (I expect 40 hours at AUD$80 per hour) or buy a new one from Auto Sparks

Did you initial positive experience stay with you?

Thanks

daddywad

Reaction score
loom

My Autosparks loom for my CSL was great and I have had no problems with it . Most plugs were reused as they are NLA but all connected ends were good and all fitted well. The colours used are modern day versions of the originals but are easily identifiable
Mark

JamesE30

Reaction score
BUMP

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has experience with these harnesses? in particular if there is a possibility to adapt one of these CSL harnesses (or if they offer one) for a carb'd 3.0CS..