New forum member - Anyone buy a car from CSI in Pamona?

brammo

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum. I dont have an e9 at the moment. I have had 2, and 4 2002's , but am anxious to get an e9. I am trying to decide whether to buy a restored one or start with a very straight one and make it my own.

I am a bit torn between very stock and original and a bit of a "modernization" on the drivetrain side.

Curious if anyone here has bought any cars from CSI in Pamona, they have a few and seem to know what they are doing, although the proprietor is a bit on the quiet side for a sales guy :)

Any feedback, either way on this shop, they have a couple that look pretty interesting.

Thanks

Craig

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Craig! Ben Miller, (if he still owns CSi), is a very polarizing figure. There are some customers who are totally satisfied with him and the stuffs that he sells, but, there are many who are put off by his demeanor and the notorious slow delivery. I agree that Miller is a man of few words, basically uttering yeses or nos to your questions. Getting more detail information from him is like pulling teeth.

Don't know what the deal is with all the advertised cars for sale, as he owns basically none of them. Pretty sure he has a few consignment coupes for sale, but there have been a few FS coupes that I know for a fact that he has no connection with. Think he posts these ads to make it appear that he has a inventory of coupes for sale.

brammo

Reaction score
Hunting Ridge Motors - Mark Starr

Okay - that explains a few things. Every car can be "finished" to your liking. It appears the white one he is selling now is his daily driver. Thanks for the insight.

There is an East Coast guy, Mark Starr of Hunting Ridge motors, that has several coupes for sale and another one coming available this week. Has anyone dealt with him?

Thanks -

Craig

alanmcg

Reaction score
coupeking

especially since you are on the west coast, suggest you look at the cars coupeking has for sale. both restomod and orig cars, all done very very well. he gets absolute top dollar for his cars, so not cheap. i think you will find almost 100% satisfaction from forum members that have dealt with him. me included - i bought my car from him, and couldnt be more pleased/supportive.

brammo

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback all

Very helpful. I am learning a lot and will take my time to find the right coupe.

Best!

Craig

tmason

Reaction score
Just a question brammo. I was in Ashland the last couple of days and saw a hand full of these electric cycles running around called Brammo?Very cool!

brammo

Reaction score
Just a question brammo. I was in Ashland the last couple of days and saw a hand full of these electric cycles running around called Brammo?Very cool!

That is us! We produce the Enertia and the new Empulse. THere are always a couple dozen running around town!

Fstede1

Reaction score
Brammo
In Febuary of this year I went to Ben Millers shop to inquire about the white car he had on his website. At that time the car sitting in the back of his shop covered with no motor in it He said he could put a 3.3 or 3.5 motor with 5 speed tranni. He said the car was his personal driver. Price wise he was talkin high 30's. He seamed like a nice guy. FYI

RonP

Reaction score
Brammo,

I have a 3.0CSi that is under restoration at the moment. I am modding it a bit, but not too crazy. It will have a rebuilt 3.5 with a rebuilt 5 speed overdrive, new paint, new Scheel interior, 16x7&8 Alpina wheels, new springs. It is Nacht Blue with Black interior. PM me if you have interest.

Thanks,
Ron