New forum really tedious?

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Do I really have to return to the forum 'table of contents' after looking at each thread?

Is there no way to jump to the next or previous thread?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
You can use the "bread crums" at the top of each page... Forums > General Discussion > etc and select the forum you want to go to, or you can change the way the threads display at the top right of each thread... Linear, etc.

This program allows the users to setup the look and feel quite a bit more than the previous forum. Play with it... you'll probably like it after some time.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Well, I have an avatar now, even if it is my 635!

The attached picture is Margaret and Mike Valentine's CSi entered in the concours at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.

Attachments

• DSC_0740.jpg
    DSC_0740.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 86

PaulinPa

Reaction score
How to ?

How do I send a PM? Also, how do you permanately set display to show latest topics/threads and not ones from years ago?

SteveM

Reaction score
Photo's

Is logging in mandatory to view photo attachments?
Keep up the good work - I'm sure we'll all get used to it before long.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
There's a setting in your User CP for display options, although it doesn't seem to work right for me either. I'm looking into this.

BTW, there are a MILLION administrative settings for this program and I'm still finding more!! :cool:

Dan

TodB

Reaction score
question

First and foremost, thank you Dan for updating the site yet again. Your efforts are appreciated. I'm sure we will all adjust once we get used to the new interface. Change is good!

I've changed my thread preference to linear - show newest first but I still have to click on last post to get the newest to show first. What am I doing wrong?

The only thing I would really like to see back is the old gallery we had that displayed each of our cars broken out by model type. I know it was a pain to maintain but it was quite cool

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just worked out all the kinks. Site works perfectly now. Thanks again Dan for all your good work!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had missed a setting for the thread sort in the Admin CP. All the forums are now set to sort latest posting at the top. As I get the forum customized for us I'll work on getting a good Photo Gallery installed. We'll have one with albums, etc. so we can break up the models like in the past. Yeah, I liked the old one too, but you guys would get tired of me being behind in the gallery updates if we went back to that. 8)