New Jersey 3.0CS on Ebay with 35,382 Miles

nydesmo

Reaction score
In 1993 this Tennessee car was parked in a heated garage with a bad alternator and not moved again for (19) years. The motor is frozen and although not terrible this car does have rust.

Last month we purchased the car for a winter restoration project and shipped it North. We have too many client restorations a head of this restoration, so we're making room ... if you are looking for a great CS that needs restoration, this is it.

Interior -
The nicest original you will find.
Receipts -Back to 01/30/91 noting mileage at 34,138 miles.
Options - 4 speed & Air Condition. Owners manual included.

The interior of the car is truly a time warp and looks like a 35,000 mile car that was kept in doors all of its life. The dash is wonderful as are the seats and panels and rear deck. The wood is in presentable condition and as a 'driver' is acceptable. A new alternator and a few other BMW parts came with the car that will be included in sale.

Photo's can be seen at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/NYDESMO/1972BMW30CS?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Car is advertised elsewhere and auction can end at anytime. questions are invited.

Thank you

Attachments

• sml IMG_6902.jpg
    sml IMG_6902.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 158
  • sml IMG_6887.jpg
    sml IMG_6887.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 153
  • sml IMG_6924.jpg
    sml IMG_6924.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 178
  • sml IMG_6928.jpg
    sml IMG_6928.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 171
  • sml IMG_6923.jpg
    sml IMG_6923.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Terry S.

Reaction score
Shock tower rust

It looks like the left front shock tower is about to rust through based on the posted photos (have we seen these photos before?) Is this what is known as "structural rust" that can compromise the function of the suspension very suddenly on metal fatigue and failure. I mean no disrespect to the poster, I just ask, since I know this forum to be a great (and appropriately critical) group with a deep knowledge base and generous with their comments and advice.

In my initial search for a coupe several years ago, I e-mailed Carl Nelson about purchasing a coupe. His one sentance response was, "Do not buy rust."

So, what do you think?

d-ace

Reaction score
Love the seats. Seen that cloth design on many Euros before due to the cold weather in Europe and how cold vinyl or leather seats get.