New Member- 1974 Mintgrun

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
Look like you got a nice car for your BaT troubles. Go and enjoy it!
Thank you for your kind assesment of my feeble composition!
I actually enjoy reading comments on auctions. I wasn't following the thread on this forum during the auction, so didn't know the experts from the trollers at first. But BaT comments from this forum's members certainly helped to firm up my decision to buy the '74.
BTW, there is a good discussion on BaT commenters on 02FAQ:

Last edited:

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know a guy that makes a really good 3rd brake light that might keep that formidable rear bumper from entering into your rear seat.
Hello Drew! Good to hear from you. Yeah, I know that guy too and he does pretty good work. I understand he is going to finally get the CS brake light version perfected so it will work both on the top and bottom of the rear window.
And thanks for all your help in getting the brake light at least to the present stage.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We will definitely get as much driving in this coming year as possible. Cosmetics will have to wait. Having grown up on 2002s, I am immune to rust induced guilt.
Very interesting note about the wheels. Are these specific to the '74 and are they that different from the early wheels?
The 20 spoke wheels came out in 74 for US coupes at least, 14x6 I think, similar but not quite like an Alpina. Earlier coupes have the five slot ‘kidney bean’ wheel, also from fps.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Drew! Good to hear from you. Yeah, I know that guy too and he does pretty good work. I understand he is going to finally get the CS brake light version perfected so it will work both on the top and bottom of the rear window.
And thanks for all your help in getting the brake light at least to the present stage.

Hi Hal, welcome to E9 ownership. What a great color.

Let me know if you need any help tweaking the fit of the 3rd brake light on the top of the glass:D

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Luis! I wasn't sure if you were on the forum. Good to hear from you and thanks again for all your help. I should have the CS in the shop by the end of the year and will immediately begin the profiling of the top and bottom glass. Hopefully, with a little back and forth with my designer, we will have a perfect fitting in January. I'll be sending you a complimentary copy of the final product in thanks for all your patient work.
Stay well,
Hal