New Member & E9 'RestoMod' Builder/Owner

KEPetersen

Reaction score
Who creates this back story? Was it the screenplay writers? Or did they give your company some creative licence to generate a character depth likely greater than the main protagonist? What a rich story.

Thanks, AK!

To answer your question, we decided to run with the scant brief provided by the producers and expand it a bunch. While on the one hand that helped to secure their confidence as a customer ('under promise, over deliver'); more importantly our car's fulsome storyline provided us with much needed direction on the build concept. Our goal was to create a car that, while it never existed, was nevertheless completely believable by the audience – and in particular, BMW enthusiasts. We hoped that after seeing and hearing on-screen some of its build details and fictional history, these people might just find themselves 'recalling' something about this rare 6.0 CSR. (Indeed, it's been satisfying to have several hardcore Bimmer fans visit our shop, study the CSR, and opine that, "... oh yeah, I think I remember reading about this car."

Of course, the more realistic the detail, the more believable the fiction. We even went so far as to create for the producers an FIA-style Historic Technical Passport that 'documented' the CSR's brief race history (please see 'anal retentive' in the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). Crazy? Sure, but its emblematic of how we build our projects and why folks like Bobby Rahal have commissioned cars from Pathfinder Motorsports.

CSR HTP Cover Pages.jpeg

"Your Honor, we present exhibits 1 and 2 as evidence in this insanity hearing."

Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
Cool build! Looks like it was nachtblau like mine. What’s the VIN? I’m curious to see how close we are as mine is a ‘70 2800CS also.

I’m in Saint Augustine if you need a stopping point on the way to Amelia...

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for compliments! We were supposed to be at Amelia this year and will definitely be there next year. Great suggestion about Cars on Fifth - I just finished sending in our application. If you'll be there, let's coordinate on meeting up.

Most likely I will be at Cars on Fifth, and likely I will be with my red 1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint (Coupe). I have not shown that one before.

If I have a conflict that day such as with kids sports, I usually come down for a look around without entering. Your car will be hard to miss!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What a fantastic looking car - I'm not generally a fan of boxed flares but WOW! And the engine. You know of course we're all going to demand to know how it drives, so I predict a track video in this great car's future....as said earlier an excellent modern interpretation of a classic design. Well done!
I bet it would be an absolute hoot to drive!

TodB

Reaction score
That was me behind you in the green 02 trying bravely to keep up with you headed south on I295 this afternoon. Sure would have loved to look at your car close up.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it is very nice car I love to see a people turning the car the way they love and show there passions and I am surprise no one complain about originality of E9 as you see on the picture I change the headlight to new headlight and E9 lover was complaining how ever this E9 is one of a kind and is true head turner I hope we will have a chance to see more pix.

floridabmx

Reaction score
FDF5A3C8-27BE-4344-9994-4FFE52348EA1.jpeg

My wife just spotted it in our little small town (new Smyrna beach). Tonight was the last car show of 25 years downtown maybe was there earlier??

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Cool rig! Wonder what happened to the OP???

I actually like it. I would have added a front spoiler, removed the front turn signals and rear bumper. Maybe add a CSL Bat wing.

Glad to see it's on the road still!