New member from Holland

josencoby

Reaction score
Some time ago i was googling and found there was a website with lot of pictures of the BMW cs csi and csl series. Verry nice!!
Also there is a lot af information and experience of members with there cars.

I have one to ! and i think its a litlle special, its a 1972 BMW Original sold in France but in 1999 imported in Holland.
It is a BMW 3.0cs automatic and oldo its the Original engine, it has a cylinderhaed of a 1980 BMW 728I.
Original it has 2 carbs but mine has injection system, and its running great.
The main reason of this , its running on LPG mosly ( i can switch)
Next time I post pictures of the car and its engineroom

grz from Holland

I added some pictures !

Attachments

• w26038 (5).jpg
    w26038 (5).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 220
  • w26038 (3).jpg
    w26038 (3).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 217
  • w26038 (4).jpg
    w26038 (4).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

decampos

Reaction score
Welcome to the board josencoby. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here (I'm not one of them). They've helped me no end.

Nice colour btw. Interesting steering wheel.
Ben

josencoby

Reaction score
Polaris

Hi Ben,

its a verry common Polaris mettalic collor, but on the picture the car was a bit wet because of washing.
I post some dry pictures
The steering wheel is named luigy and i bought it on a scrap yard, its a little smaller in diameter and the wood looks better i think as the Original rather thin wheel.

What I think is special, my car has never had big bodywork, look ad the picture of the engine room al metal is Original and in a verry good shape, zo when i saw the car in 2000 with a not so good running engine and a defective autotranny i buyed it direct.
I have ofcourse solved the problems, and now i yust drive it but not daily.
It is in the garage, as it was in France mostly.

If someone wants to know how i solved the problems let me know

grz Jos

Attachments

• h33394 (4) (Large).jpg
    h33394 (4) (Large).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 204
  • h33394 (3) (Large).jpg
    h33394 (3) (Large).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 185
  • h33394 (8) (Large).jpg
    h33394 (8) (Large).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 188
  • PICT0122.jpg
    PICT0122.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 171
  • h33394 (Large).jpg
    h33394 (Large).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 170

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice looking car and interior. Now I understand why the engine bay has a few more bits than normal - probably because of the LP fuel system.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
how does GLP performs ?
BTW,...buy a decent steering wheel, "luigy" seems escaped from TOYSTORY:p
i know pets are lovely, but frankly speaking there is always a moment for buying and another for not buying from a scrapeyard

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
how does GLP performs ?
BTW,...buy a decent steering wheel, "luigy" seems escaped from TOYSTORY:p
i know pets are lovely, but frankly speaking there is always a moment for buying and another for not buying from a scrapeyard

Performs the same but it is handy for grilling T-bones on the BBQ when you go camping.

The Luigi steering wheel seems familiar from the Mario Brothers video game. Maybe the French owner had a thick moustache.

Love the yellow headlights. Nice car!

josencoby

Reaction score
Luigy

When i bought the car in 2000 there was this big thin steering wheel that must brake when you hit it with your chest, but i had no plans to get in to haevy car-accidents ( i drive just easy because lots of cameras and police try to catch me )So i wanted a nice looking wooden steering wheel, and that is what it is in my opinion, i agree a Nardy classic is better but i found a luigy!!!

About the lpg system: In Holland cars that are 25 years old are free of roadtaxes.
But the lpg itself cost only 40% of the price of regular fuel.
So there is advantage, but there is also disadvantage:

The engine runs clear on lpg but it also runs more hot, the burning temperature is higher, and thats wy i ride just easy, and it works, i keep the engine in live, its the Original engine, and it stil makes music.
It is not difficult to demolish these engines with lpg use,
But the engine just runs and runs and takes about one liter of lpg in 6 kilometers ( normal use)

I know that the point of performance is very personal , i can drive this car on regular fuel ( the l-jetronic is working good ) and gives far enough power, but driving on lpg is more smooth, but less power comes from the engine.
But far enough to get lots of fine tickets.

Grz Jos

Last edited: