New Member from London

bunsenburner

Reaction score
Hi from London.

I'm keen to get my hands on an E9 as they look awesome and are sure to be a sound investment.

I am currently on the hunt for a restoration project CSI either rhd or lhd. I'm happy to import one from sunnier climes to ensure a better condition body but am happy to keep my options open.

I did enquire about a USD16k car which was a US car residing in the Netherlands. However given that most of my requests for details were ignored (and it was cheap) I assume this was some kind of scam.

I am new to mechanics but have learned quite a bit over the past couple of years racing in the BMW Compact Championship and maintaining my Supercharged VX220 track car, so I will hope to do quite a bit of restoration work myself.

The forum looks like it has plenty of detailed information to help me along the way and I'll try to avoid any daft questions with some research first.

First step is that all important purchase.

Looking forward to joining the E9 community!

Jim

18B0FC6D-F25C-4298-831F-2AFFF759E60E.jpg

3625E574-1012-4C29-9A23-27AEA8C87469-10698-000007D3CE0DDCEF.jpg

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Good luck in your search Jim. In case you are not aware, a website close to home ( for you ) is www.carandclassic.co.uk . There is a fair selection of E9's at any given time but often "word of mouth " helps. Hope you can score one of the only 207 RHD csi's that were built....should be a few still lurking in your part of the world .Cheers, Simon

Rek

Reaction score
Hello Jim

Welcome. Good luck on the search. Most of the UK cars are very rotten, very expensive and some are both, but look shiny on the outside.

Mine was a lucky find up North. It looked very shabby but it had been restored as to the metalwork at the front and back and not used for 10 years. It was a passable job but the middle bits needed replacing.

Where are you in London? I am in Islington and have the car in Cheshunt.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jim! Good to see another e9 fan (hopefully owner too!) on the forum. I'm in Palmers Green so if you're ever about feel free to pop over!

Ahmet.