New member from Spain/Catalonia

Andreusf

Reaction score
Hello to all, I'm Andreu from Spain. Since 2008 I'm the proud owner of a 3.0 CSI. I Know your forum since long time ago and It,s very interesting, with a los of information and good people plesed to help.

Now I have a fuel leakage from t'he fuel pump and wanted yo make some questions, but I thing that t'he first step was introduce myself.

Thank tour to everyone anys best retards. I Hope to read you soon. bmw.jpgIMG_20210122_160723_770.jpg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Let's talk about that leak. From my E24 experience a small leak can cause a big fuel smell in the cabin, yet be hard to see due to quick evaporation. I am no mechanic but in my ignorance I would say:
1) Engage key but don't start the car, both in-tank and inline pumps engage, see if any fuel is seen. Engine cold to reduce evaporation.
2) If 1) does not help, disconnect distributor and watch fuel leaks while cranking.

If had to bet I would say the leak is downstream of the inline pump as the pressure would be higher there.

Now let's hear from people smarter than me,

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

what I did when trying to find a fuel leak was to directly power the fuel pump without powering anything else. By running a long fused wire direct from the + battery terminal to the fuel pump power under the rear seat.
I unplugged the pump relay and worked out which wire was probably the wire to the pump. Then, as I was not 100% sure I had the right wire, I fully unplugged the ECU before running the pump!! (Paranoia, caution, call it whatever)
Turned out I had the right wire, pumps runs, fuels cycles through the plumbing, leak still hard to find... o_O

Andreusf

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone! T'he fuel leak is on t'he fuel pump, it's clearly visible and can be heard. T'he leak is from the joint between the vist and the head of the pump