New member no longer read-only

LeG9ND

Reaction score
Hello from the Netherlands,

I have had an account in this wonderful forum since 2006, but so far I have not progressed further than "read-only" (and since i lost my login details, i decided to make a new one). Besides my work in the banking sector, I am a BMW hobbyist and work a lot with my father (81) on our cars.

Since my first car at the age of 20, a green 2002 from '73 (roundy), I have devoted myself to BMW. At the age of 27 I bought my first 3.0 CSA (Fjord Blue) ‘72 and restored it. When I later traded my 2002 for an e24 M635csi, I was fascinated by the M Motorsport department in addition to BMW. Since then I have brought back to live several M635csi and a 2800 cs (Tundra) ‘71.

Since I was very curious about the sound and handling of a csi, I bought a 3.0 csi (taiga) ‘73 in 2014. With damage and lots (and lots...) of rust. It has been "almost finished" for over 2 years ;-). In the meantime, I infected my older brothers with the e9 virus and used them to buy a polaris 3.0 csi (‘72) from someone who stopped halfway through the restoration. That truely is "almost done" now. The next new project is already waiting, but more on that later ...

Every now and then I sell a car to find a nicer one or a nicer project, which has led from the 2002 ‘73 to the following collection:
3.0 csi taiga ‘74
3.0 csi polaris ‘72
e24 M635csi ‘84
2x e28 M5 (Euro) diamond black ‘85
e61 M5 Touring diamond Black ‘07
Alpina B5 e61 titanium silver ‘07

If you have any questions or want to comment, you know where to find me. I'm looking forward to attributing to this beautiful community! Many Thanks!

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very Awesome!!!!
Getting to work with your father is priceless!!!!
My father passed away 34 years ago yesterday at 49 years old. Miss him and what we could have done together.
Welcome look forward to what’s to come!
Tom

LeG9ND

Reaction score
Hi MOT27cars. Sorry to hear that. Exactly why I love the tagline “Respect your elders”! My boy is 4 years old now and joins my father and me in the bimmer barn every saterday. Hope to pass on my love for cars to him in return of what my dad has given to me. He already tells me he loves the smell of the old cars. So I think we’re onto something here ;-)

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello from the Netherlands,

I have had an account in this wonderful forum since 2006, but so far I have not progressed further than "read-only" (and since i lost my login details, i decided to make a new one). Besides my work in the banking sector, I am a BMW hobbyist and work a lot with my father (81) on our cars.

Since my first car at the age of 20, a green 2002 from '73 (roundy), I have devoted myself to BMW. At the age of 27 I bought my first 3.0 CSA (Fjord Blue) ‘72 and restored it. When I later traded my 2002 for an e24 M635csi, I was fascinated by the M Motorsport department in addition to BMW. Since then I have brought back to live several M635csi and a 2800 cs (Tundra) ‘71.

Since I was very curious about the sound and handling of a csi, I bought a 3.0 csi (taiga) ‘73 in 2014. With damage and lots (and lots...) of rust. It has been "almost finished" for over 2 years ;-). In the meantime, I infected my older brothers with the e9 virus and used them to buy a polaris 3.0 csi (‘72) from someone who stopped halfway through the restoration. That truely is "almost done" now. The next new project is already waiting, but more on that later ...

Every now and then I sell a car to find a nicer one or a nicer project, which has led from the 2002 ‘73 to the following collection:
3.0 csi taiga ‘74
3.0 csi polaris ‘72
e24 M635csi ‘84
2x e28 M5 (Euro) diamond black ‘85
e61 M5 Touring diamond Black ‘07
Alpina B5 e61 titanium silver ‘07

If you have any questions or want to comment, you know where to find me. I'm looking forward to attributing to this beautiful community! Many Thanks!
You restore E9 cars on a personal or business level ?

You have Great collection of BMW cars and welcome to the forum !!!

LeG9ND

Reaction score
Hi sandhu,

thanks for your kind words. And my work on my BMW collection is purely as a hobby. I work in the financial sector and although i love to work with numbers i really like to create stuff with my hands as well. Actually my expertise is in investing and i have to admit the collection might have grown a bit big using the "classic-cars-are-a-sound-investment" excuse lol. I btw still believe in that argument, it both gives a good return on capital as well as satisfaction on time spent!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You have the best of both worlds !!!

My late grandad taught me if the numbers don’t add up In my favour , ie
don’t sell ,don’t buy or invest in anything .. or you will lose more times than you win !!!

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My excuse is that old car appreciation is tax exempt because nobody pays capital gains taxes when they sell.
Don't blame me, I am a buy-and-forget person that never sold a car.
But the best part is that the labor cost of maintenance stays in your community, while the depreciation of a new car goes into...well, you are the banking guy, where does it go into?

Actually my expertise is in investing and i have to admit the collection might have grown a bit big using the "classic-cars-are-a-sound-investment" excuse lol. I btw still believe in that argument, it both gives a good return on capital as well as satisfaction on time spent!

LeG9ND

Reaction score
My excuse is that old car appreciation is tax exempt because nobody pays capital gains taxes when they sell.
Don't blame me, I am a buy-and-forget person that never sold a car.
But the best part is that the labor cost of maintenance stays in your community, while the depreciation of a new car goes into...well, you are the banking guy, where does it go into?
Depreciation...that’s what goes though your stomach into the drain. Therefore owning a new car is like eating the cake. Whereas with our classic cars you can have the cake and eat it too!