"New" member....

Jannie

Reaction score
hi there

very nice forum 1st of all. Secondly, who out there can point me in the right direction for super RARE Alpinas from the late '60s ?? reason being, I've heard rumors of 3 super rare 2000 CS cars that were sent to the Alpina factory back then to be turned into Alpina cars & then extra parts etc were added. This was prior to the 3.0 CS & 3.0L engine. These 3 ( let's call them GHOST cars) were built & just before they were put onto the track, the 3.0L came out & the "ghost cars" were stored away & forgotten in a sense.
Round about the same time, 1 of the 'Ghost cars" were taken out on the Nurburgring & writen off ( colour of this car was WHITE were as the other 2 were blue in colour )...... the remaining 2 "Ghost cars" were left alone & 1 of the 2 went to the USA into a collection & the other 1 went "missing".

As I've said this is a rumour & I want to know if there's ANY truth to this???

If so....... I might know where the "missing" "Ghost car" is.

thank you

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi there

very nice forum 1st of all. Secondly, who out there can point me in the right direction for super RARE Alpinas from the late '60s ?? reason being, I've heard rumors of 3 super rare 2000 CS cars that were sent to the Alpina factory back then to be turned into Alpina cars & then extra parts etc were added. This was prior to the 3.0 CS & 3.0L engine. These 3 ( let's call them GHOST cars) were built & just before they were put onto the track, the 3.0L came out & the "ghost cars" were stored away & forgotten in a sense.
Round about the same time, 1 of the 'Ghost cars" were taken out on the Nurburgring & writen off ( colour of this car was WHITE were as the other 2 were blue in colour )...... the remaining 2 "Ghost cars" were left alone & 1 of the 2 went to the USA into a collection & the other 1 went "missing".

thank you

:shock: !!!
ghost, hummmmm..., missing, aahhhhh....,

Jannie

Reaction score
that's why I said...ghost...& missing...... LOL!!

But seriously, any leads???

Jannie

Reaction score
Car in question.....

Attachments

• Alpina.jpg
    Alpina.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 234

SicilianE9

Reaction score
hi there

thank you

Nice CS, like the wire wheels , any plans to do some work on it.
I would love to see more photos of it.
Regards