JD4020

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1969 CSA2800 and finally got it home. I transported with help from some friends in an enclosed trailer. 1200 km round trip. My next task it to get it properly exported from the USA and imported into Canada. It's currently titled in the state of Florida. The person had it stored in Ontario for the last 6 years in a garage. I need to assess the frame for rust, etc. Next I need to get it running again. It was running several years. I have attached a photo of the car. I'm very new to this type of forum and buying an old car, especially a BMW, which I like very much. My son thinks its a cool car!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 239

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats on your new toy, I'm sure it will give you many hours of enjoyment, with maybe a few frustrating bits in there as well!

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lovely, more photos! With no side reflectors it may be a euro coupe. Do you have a rear left side fog light(lens) near the license plate.

Enjoy. Steve

JD4020

Reaction score
The car came from holland back the early 1990's. Also a parts car was shipped with this car.

The coupe has a newer motor and transmission in it. Not sure what year or car the motor came from. See attached photo. It has the following numbers on the intake 3.2/3.5 and 1270676 and the head has this number on it 1277358.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 192

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your Son has good taste. I think you need to get the car on a hoist or jack stands to really see what you have. Keep on cleaning it. The front looks pretty good to me from the top side.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the coven. There are many very knowledgeable people here so search the archive or ask before you buy, loosen, tighten or remove.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome

You can count on a lot of help from members of the board.
I have been the happy recipient of advice, labor, and camaraderie from this members
Enjoy the experience!