David Morrell

Reaction score
Hello, I've just joined the group. More accurately, re-joined. I was a brief member to the CSL register back in '84.
I'm hoping to become a new owner as soon as I can find a car that is within my price range, hopefully in Verona red.
I'd love to know if my old car has made it through the riggers of time. Registration started with WUP, hope I'm not breaking any privacy rules. The car was then Verona Red. I believe the car last changed ownership back in 2012, that's all I know.
Looking forward to a long lasting relationship with my second E9 in the near future.
Best
David Morrell.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
David - Welcome! I tracked my old car down from a 14 year old post so anything is possible. If you have the vin number, that will increase your chances markedly...

David Morrell

Reaction score
Thanks tferrer, that's encouraging.
Unfortunately at 23 recording VIN numbers of my cars wasn't high on my list of priorities. Just another decision I'll have to live with.
D

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
Hi David,

Welcome! I see that you’re in Farnham. You could get in touch with the CSL Register of the BMW Car Club GB, which is now run by Sam Lever and Nick Hull. They might be able to help you track your car down. They have a really good database of UK E9s, so you might be in luck.

David Morrell

Reaction score
Hi David,

Welcome! I see that you’re in Farnham. You could get in touch with the CSL Register of the BMW Car Club GB, which is now run by Sam Lever and Nick Hull. They might be able to help you track your car down. They have a really good database of UK E9s, so you might be in luck.
Thanks, traced the car to Christchurch NZ..

David Morrell

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I'm in, expecting delivery on Wednesday.
Can't wait for the weather to improve. Until then, CBP 30L 21.01.21.jpg lots of polishing..

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful, good to know that there can be life after Verona...

David Morrell

Reaction score
David, your car at Silverstone 1984 and your letter to the Car Club in May 85.

Mark

View attachment 109871View attachment 109872
Hi Mark

Brilliant. I can still remember that day at Silverstone with the CSL register. A cocky 24yr old.
I distinctly remember indicating to let a pristine (faster) Alpina go past, inadvertently turning the wipers on only to have one of my wiper blades fly off , narrowly missing the Alpina.
I was, at the time happy to get the asking price for the car, seems like a bargain against todays prices.
Thanks for the memories.
D

David Morrell

Reaction score
David, your car at Silverstone 1984 and your letter to the Car Club in May 85.

Mark

View attachment 109871View attachment 109872
Hi Mark
I wonder if you might be able to provide some guidance.
Can you recommend a local csl friendly 'garage'. I live in Farnham and Munich Legends can be a little distant for drive by advice.
More specifically, whilst identifying which keys operate what, I inadvertently locked the boot. The boot lock now refuses to unlock.
Other than drilling out the lock, have you heard of a solution?
Best
Dave

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
I'd try BMR Performance near Crawley. One of their employees did his apprenticeship with BMW when these cars were new, so there is a lot of expertise there!