New owner of 1105745

Gelatinous

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just transferred a 1968 2000CS (1105745) into my name yesterday. It's currently in my coworkers drive in basement where it has been for the last 15 years. I will post some pictures once I have it towed to where I will be working on it. Odometer reads ~93000 miles.

Currently it looks to need the obvious inner fenders and rockers, so it will likely need A pillar supports as well. This will not be built as a full resto, but more as a driver. It is currently sporting E30 wheels and steering wheel (I believe)

After 15 years of sitting there were no wet spots or stains on the concrete and the car drove into the basement under it's own power. The numbers all match with the exception of the cylinder head having a 78 casting mark.

I will post more information and a resto thread once I begin. It will be a slow thread as I will only have weekends to work on it and it is going to be 45 min to an hour drive from my house.

I look forward to garnering information and knowledge from this board and its members.

I currently own 4 other vehicles:

1988 Suzuki Samurai -- Currently in paint at my friends place.
1968 Dodge Dart 270 -- slant 6 4dr looking for a rear end.
1983 BMW 528e -- $500 beater while the Samurai is being worked on. Painted green with roll on marine paint.
1986 Merkur XR4Ti -- Engine swap for the Samurai.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the NW neighborhood. There is at least one other coupe on the island up north in Comox. Post some photos once you pull the car out into the daylight. Good luck with the restoration.

Gelatinous

Reaction score
Most of the rust seems to be in the inner fenders and leading edges of the rocker panels. Once I have the car out in the light I'll be able to assess it further but there wasn't much room in the basement to get a good look.

The driver side inner fender has already been fiberglassed so I'm expecting the worst on that side. Unfortunately non of the inner fender stuff is available from W&N so I'm going to have to hand form it all. Thankfully the A-Pillar supports are and the rockers are shared with the E9.

Gelatinous

Reaction score
Welcome to the NW neighborhood. There is at least one other coupe on the island up north in Comox. Post some photos once you pull the car out into the daylight. Good luck with the restoration.

Thanks! I know there's one here in Victoria, I bought headlights for my E28 off his son. I'm not sure what the serial number is though, I could only see the back of the car in his garage.

There is also someone in Victoria with 3 2000CS parts cars. I hope to be in touch with him soon for stuff like the grille as mine is missing half. I also don't have a key so I'm hoping I can take the number off the ignition cylinder to BMW and have one made, but I'm not holding my breath on that. Mobile Tradition didn't come back with any information other than my car was likely built in the early months of '67 given the Vin number