New Owner

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I feel exceedingly lucky to have found the "car of my dreams". After many dead ends, missed opportunities, and long conversations with potential sellers, I have purchased a late 1972 Csl. It was owned by a knowledgable California car enthusiast who, over many years, created what we would refer now to as a high end rest-mod. He owned the car from 1980-2007 and transferred it's stewardship to a NC physician until today.
The car has virally no rust having only one respray 30 years ago and has travelled only 64,000 Km throughout it's life. It received a spirited drivetrain and suspension 18,000 Km ago and, by report, runs and sounds like a hoot!
The car will be delivered to me early next week and I plan on driving it for a while before deciding when to upgrade the exterior.
The car can be seen already in the registry, # 2275117.
I'm so thrilled.

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!!!

Make sure you tighten your chin strap as you're in for a great ride.

Mike

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As they say, patience can be a virtue. Glad you found your coupe! Send me a PM when you are ready to Register it in your name and I will archive the prior entry as you won't be able to edit it.

Chris

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very nice...

Pretty hard to top that entry point for E9 ownership- well done!

Enjoy (drive) it- Richard

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats neighbor!
Will you be joining the other coupes at Vintage in Saratoga?
I look forward to seeing it soon!

Stan

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice one

I had seen that one I Hemmings a while back. Nice to get one all done like that so you can enjoy it right away.

They have the BMW day at Larz Anderson in Brookline Mass in mid summer. Hopefully you can bring it there. There is where I met Stan and got to see his coupe, Duane Swords, and about six more. We vacation in Wells ME around the time of that show. BTW, I took organic chem at UNH one summer 20 odd years ago. What a beautiful place in the summer! Made doing experiments with volatile smelly chemicals more tolerable.

Scott

piezopaul

Reaction score
Welcome!

A hearty welcome to ski coach, the purchaser of my (former) 3.0csl. I hope he enjoys it as I have. The triple webers and headers sing a wonderful song. I look forward to seeing some pictures as he drives it!- Paul

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris, looking forward to seeing the car, welcome to the insanity. We need more coupes up here!!! OK, there are now more than enough coupes up here that we MUST get together for a drive this year. I know that I've been saying this for years, but: "Hey, why don't we have a coupe cruise in the Spring?"

piezopaul, I was thinking that I haven't seen your name on the site for a long time, maybe a few years? Sorry to see you go.

piezopaul

Reaction score
I'll still be in and out. Chris was kind enough to introduce me to an outstanding Z8 in California and I'm thinking that may be my next love. Before the CSL I had an AH 3000 and she was also beautiful and fun. Very blessed and very thankful.-Piezo

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cruise to the Cottage

Chris, looking forward to seeing the car, welcome to the insanity. We need more coupes up here!!! OK, there are now more than enough coupes up here that we MUST get together for a drive this year. I know that I've been saying this for years, but: "Hey, why don't we have a coupe cruise in the Spring?"

piezopaul, I was thinking that I haven't seen your name on the site for a long time, maybe a few years? Sorry to see you go.

I have a small cottage on Loon Pond, Gilmanton NH. I have a refrigerator and a Weber (downdraft?) grill (does not look a thing like the carburetor). If that is a good destination, I would be happy to host! The driveway could easily accommodate 10 coupes, maybe more.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you guys meet the week of July 26th I'll be up in VT for our annual visit and will crash the party (in a rental).

I have a small cottage on Loon Pond, Gilmanton NH. I have a refrigerator and a Weber (downdraft?) grill (does not look a thing like the carburetor). If that is a good destination, I would be happy to host! The driveway could easily accommodate 10 coupes, maybe more.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
woohoo, party at stan's place!

chris, i hope you don't mind but i sent a pm asking about one of the the single scheels on your other post - maybe i'll be able to make a complete pair.

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Awsome, we can celebrate my 60th birthday on the 27th. Mako, I hope you get that seat you need. I'm in no hury,and in fact, the long term owner (1980-2006) of my car is trying to track down the original seats for me. It's really great getting a car your wife loves too!
Chris