New RHD Exhaust Manifold & System

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Following on from my project thread on my new engine and gearbox. I thought I would post specifically about the great service and expertise of Alunox exhausts. They were recommended to me by my engine builder as a company that actually thinks about the solution and performance design rather than just making something that fits.

They have recently designed a fantastic solution to fit equal length 25"primaries around the standard steering box. This far supersedes anything else on the market as you will see:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363032760.058202.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363032780.606513.jpg

These manifolds can be recreated off the shelf from jigs made for mine so they won't be going from scratch.
Spec:
1" 5/8 die headers
25" long primaries
304 stainless steel 1.2mm wall
manifold is all on v-bands not slip joints. They can be installed without taking the engine out too.

Stainless 304 2.5 inch system

They also made me a beautiful system to match (pics to follow)
Anyone considering a stainless or even titanium or even inconel solution need to give Leon a call for assistance.

Leon Pierce
www.alunox.co.uk
01978 851100

I am not affiliated - just a happy customer singing the praises of some great engineers!

Polariscsl

Reaction score
wow
it is impressive ! so complex geometry, going forward and then backwards, incredible
nice job, ...but,...is it really necessary ?
i mean what are you expecting ?

Interesting question, I am certainly expecting a performance and audible gain but its hard to answer if it was absolutely necessary. I'm sure I'm not alone on going overboard looking after and tinkering with my coupe!
My engine builder tested the oem and fritz systems and found them to be restrictive so rather than accepting average I did this!

pamp

Reaction score
Pipes

Man....that is a whole lot of pipe! Ceramic coat and inventive heat shielding required.....Heat soak will be your enemy, especially without cold air to your intake? Gotta' keep that air density happening or all is for naught. My 2 cents

pamp

Reaction score
Air

I have experimented extensively....back track my posts. You will want no more than an underhood temp of 140 degrees....static. Parked with the bonnet closed. Why guys hate to stall in the pits and try to re-fire.....the heat. My headers are ceramic coated, 1 1/2'' short. I was surprised when I ran with out heat shields and measured with a thermocouple under the hood. At the time it was something I had not considered....heat soak and air density. All is well now with heat shields in place, but my headers tuck under the frame rails vs what you have.

Last edited:

Polariscsl

Reaction score
I have experimented extensively....back track my posts. You will want no more than an underhood temp of 140 degrees....static. Parked with the bonnet closed. Why guys hate to stall in the pits and try to re-fire.....the heat.

Will do thanks

readie

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but what has your experience of the manifold and system been ? I am considering the fritz system.. does anyone have any other alternatives for RHB cars ?.

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
thanks have googled but cannot find them...can you give me any pointers.

ta

Good afternoon Readie

Have you tried -

Cybox Automotive
Unit 8, Wrynose Road
The Old Hall Estate,
Bromborough,
Wirral, CH62 3QD
Tel: 0151 343 0330
Email: [email protected]

Someone on the Forum recommended them some time ago and I will give them a try when my car is finished.

Cheers.

Marco54

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
thanks have googled but cannot find them...can you give me any pointers.

ta
Sorry readie..I should of given you all of the below info ...my apologies
CLA automotive LTD
Unit 1
Portland Rd
Rushden
NN100DJ

07555 444728

Last edited: