new rivian.com site + announcement

posix

Reaction score

not sure if anyone here keeps up with rivian.com. my current employer :D. some exciting things coming up :)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I heard about your company from my son, who currently drives an F150.

Interested in the comment about charging stations. It appears you are doing proprietary charging stations. I had thought that most manufacturers (other than Tesla) were joining forces so that charging stations would be available to almost everyone somewhat like gas stations.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love the innovation coming out of companies like this. Someday I’ll be making the jump from twin turbo diesel to electric.

My requirement is a 240 mile tow range (6000lbs 9ft high brick) with a maximum 30min charging stop before the next 240 miles.

I don’t think EV trucks and SUv’s are that far away.

posix

Reaction score
I heard about your company from my son, who currently drives an F150.

Interested in the comment about charging stations. It appears you are doing proprietary charging stations. I had thought that most manufacturers (other than Tesla) were joining forces so that charging stations would be available to almost everyone somewhat like gas stations.
there will be more on the charging network in the next few months :D. can't say too much on it haha

posix

Reaction score
I love the innovation coming out of companies like this. Someday I’ll be making the jump from twin turbo diesel to electric.

My requirement is a 240 mile tow range (6000lbs 9ft high brick) with a maximum 30min charging stop before the next 240 miles.

I don’t think EV trucks and SUv’s are that far away.
the R1T tow range is pretty good. numbers will be coming out pretty soon on it. the rivian charging network will be able to charge 140 miles in 20 mins :)

here's a cool video on towing:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw these in the flesh when they had them in Mill Valley. I was blown away by fit and finish and overall proportions of both the pickup and suv. And who doesn't like 750hp with gobs of torque from 0 rpms on up. Love it! You guys are doing a great job, Bobby.

posix

Reaction score
i havent seen the vehicles in person. covid doesn't help. i work on the software so not necessary to have contact with the cars directly. but with the bi-weekly all hands, RJ shows the pre prod builds a lot and gives updates on testing and such.

lots of things coming in the next few montsh :D. the vehicle configurator will be launching next monday for preorders and the monday after that for public. can see all the color options and wheel options soon.

my e9 3d model project is secretly tech discovery for rivian :p