New to forum and WTB for a Bavaria

Vitibuddha

Reaction score
New to forum and WTB a Bavaria

I'm new to the forum here and looking to purchase a Bavaria. The first car I ever owned was a 1971 2002. Then I traded up to a 1973 Bavaria. Neither were all that nice, but they served me well in my late teens and early twenties. I've been hooked ever since!!! Now I'm looking for a weekend driver for my wife and I. Not looking for a fixer. But, don't want a show car either. If you know anyone looking to sell, please let me know. I'm in Northern CA, but willing to travel a little bit for the right car.

Thanks, all.

Last edited:

AbnMike

Reaction score
If you go to www.2002ad.com and to Cars for Sale and scroll down he has 2 1972 Bavarias for sale (on consignment).

One is 13,5, the other is 8.5. The $8,500 has been for sale for months and is apparently completely original, including paint. I believe it's up in Santa Barbara or close to that area.

I haven't seen either in person but I know that shop is well respected and he's not going to pass junk off.

Good luck. I love my 2800.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I haven't seen either in person but I know that shop is well respected and he's not going to pass junk off.

Good luck. I love my 2800.

You haven't done business with Ben apparently. He is not above selling junk although some are nice. He has a horrible reputation for customer service as well. He has been known to advertise cars without the owner's knowledge, probably to get you in the door. Nice guy, yes, but doing business with him is fraught with peril, buyer beware.

(references available upon request)

AbnMike

Reaction score
You haven't done business with Ben apparently. He is not above selling junk although some are nice. He has a horrible reputation for customer service as well. He has been known to advertise cars without the owner's knowledge, probably to get you in the door. Nice guy, yes, but doing business with him is fraught with peril, buyer beware.

(references available upon request)

Ooops. Thanks for the clarification. Have had minimal dealings with him and went to look at a 2002 he had and he represented it very well over the phone. Ended up not getting it. Poked around his shop while there and his restorations looked very nice.

I know the Bavaria at $8500 is not at his shop and he's consigning it. The guy who owned it sent me more pictures and Ben facilitated all that, etc.

tmason

Reaction score
One is on CL here in Reno for 800.00.Looks like a good starter project for someone.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I periodically look at this site, lists all CL listings for older BMW's by location.

http://bimmer02.com/?page_id=1062

Of course the California dealers have realized this and now describe newer cars with older dates first so they automatically get picked up by anyone in Ca searching CL for a vintage bimmer.