New to the E9 coupe group

Reaction score
Hi All,
Mark Irwin here. I've had my '74 3.0 since '77. Bought it from the dealer where i worked at the time. It was a trade-in for a new 77 630i. It's polaris (silver) with red leather interior and gold BBS wheels. The 'silver bullet' has been retro-fit with an L-jet system from a 76 Si and has a Ray Jay turbo on it. She's always been garaged since I've had her, so she's in good condition. just got the car running again after 12 years without starting. No big problems, and lots of memories now that we've been on a couple of test drives. Looking forward to some interesting discourse with the group.
Cheers, Mark
SF Bay Area

Attachments

• IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice looking car Mark! 12 years without starting the car? Was there a bet involved?

Welcome to the board, I am in Cupertino and drive the coupe to San Francisco when there is a good reason. My threshold is pretty low, a good espresso can be a good reason.

Reaction score
Not sure what's going to happen here, using quick reply. So here goes.....no bet, babies were the reason I didn't drive the car for 12 years. Now my 12 year old son wants to ride in it, and I want to teach him about cars. Win/win!!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice looking car. I am actually considering gold center wheels like that for my white coupe. Love the look.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think I've settled on gold centers and 16" bbs rs. The silver and red is a very nice look. I wouldn't have thought gold wheels on a silver car but I'll admit I was wrong about that. Welcome to the forum.