New to the forum. 1974 rhd Sienna Brown 3.0CS

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I'd post up here seeing as I'm starting on my E9. It's a 3.0 CS, built in November 73 and registered in December 74 in Birmingham UK. VIN 4330072 which shows it was originally an automatic. My dad bought it in 1987 for £1400, previous owner apparently stuck it in 3rd at 130 and bent the valve train. It therefore had a completely refurbished cylinder head installed along with a new diff and gearbox. He drove it until the tax ran out and it's been parked up since 1988.

Fast forward 27 years and it's now in my possession :)
Stuck in a freshly charged battery, bit of fuel down the carbs until it spluttered into life and connected up a fuel can to the fuel feed, fired up straight away, idling and running like the day it was put into the garage!

Plans are to get her completely restored, resprayed in Verona or Estoril Blue with a CSL front airdam and air guide.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I look forward to gaining some new info from this forum!

Cheers,
Ahmet

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I guess it doesn't need to be said that this will be a long term project and I will be learning a lot when it comes to bodywork. I'm still currently restoring my 1981 mk1 golf gti, doubtless the welding and panel beating techniques I've learnt will help me with this. Luckily I will have my father helping me with this.

Hopefully it will be parked in here, ready to be properly worked on.

From what I can see the car will be needing major repair work on both inner and outer front wings, rear arches, a pillar bases, driver side footwell and bootlid. Roof doesn't seem too bad, some minor bubbling near the sunroof and the bonnet seems to be in perfect condition. As with any car, once I start delving in many more problems will surface. Chrome all seems to be usable, may even be able to get away with just repolishing them and removing all the tarnishing.

Interior is grubby, new carpets and a retrim is in order, foams all seem to be good.

rudeuk2

Reaction score
Love the brown, me mate had a 5 series that colour. Guess it'll be going though? I'm in Cambridge, give me a knock if you're up this end of the M11 sometime and we can talk about rust and stuff. :mrgreen:

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Will do fella! At least the brown hides the rust a bit better :smile: it'll be going in favour of Verona or Nachtblau, I'm not too sure yet!