new to the forum, new to BMW.

irish guitar

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to both the forum and the brand. I'm a long-time Porsche guy, but have decided to broaden my horizons and hope to get into a nice E9 sometime soon. I've been reading some of the posts for the last month or so, but only today got the green light to post myself. Just wanted to say hi and I look forward to learning from the great wealth of knowledge so many of you clearly have.

Through a random coincidence, I recently met a BMW-owning chap who knows Rex and I've since spoken to him about his silver car. The car universe is pretty small!

Best,
Viv

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Viv -- welcome to the madness. I think Skicoach is in Portsmouth in addition to the folks Steve mentioned.

You may want to make a trip to VSR in Bedford and introduce yourself to Mario and Chris Langston. http://www.vsr1.com/ They have numerous satisfied clients here, and may be able to help you find a car. And failing that, they will be able to help you with restoration and maintenance work. No matter your level of skill, it helps to know of a good shop as a backup.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi @irish guitar,

Ski Coach’s CSL is for sale IIRC. Not cheap by CSL standards, but certainly pretty. Let us know what kind of car you are looking for. It will be a buyer’s market over the next six months. Maybe you can convince @Stan to take the reigns on his lovely “great white” so he can focus on e30’s! :)

irish guitar

Reaction score
Hi @irish guitar,

Ski Coach’s CSL is for sale IIRC. Not cheap by CSL standards, but certainly pretty. Let us know what kind of car you are looking for. It will be a buyer’s market over the next six months. Maybe you can convince @Stan to take the reigns on his lovely “great white” so he can focus on e30’s! :)

Thanks Markos.

Is Ski Coach the owner of an Alpina 1600GT in silver? If so, I think he may be the very same chap who I bumped into several weeks ago. He mentioned having a CSL, but did not seem interested in selling it.

I'm open to any solid, well put together car. Not interested in a project. Have an aversion to the US bumper cars (but don't mind carbs, per se). And love these cars in Atlantic blue and white especially, with preference for solid colours over metallics.

Cheers!
Viv

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew and I and possibly Ski Coach are going n the covered bridge tour.

The Audi Club has invited us to join them on their 5th Annual Covered Bridge Tour. All proceeds will benefit Best Buddies of New Hampshire, a 501(c)3 charity. Starting at the McDonalds Parking Lot, Exit 20 off I-93 in Tilton NH, the tour will run approximately 125 miles ending in Ashland. Observing appropriate social distancing restrictions in effect, this scenic drive is "at your own pace". Lunch will also be on your own, with the schedule designed so that you can bring a picnic lunch, or stop for take out or fast food. Pre-registration required. Cost: $40 per car. More info here (registration closes August 7th):
https://audiclubna.org/north-atlantic/events/covered-bridge-tour-v/