Newbie 3.0 CSL Owner

gumby1953

Reaction score
Hello Bimmer-People,

I'm a BMW Newbie, and have been around, but not around BMW's. I'm a Porsche Dude through and through. I do have a little taste tho (thats questionable). I was Hans Stuck's (bigger BMW Driver than Porsche) Crew Chief (Sebring ina Porsche 962). And the same with Brian Redman (Bat-man)3rd at Sebring ina 962. So please don't write me off!!

I'm writing because I have purchased a 1973 CSL. I also have a 1973 Porsche RS Carrera. I'm thinkn the CSL is way tooo cheap vs the RS. A perfect RS will sell for over 300k..... and the CSL will sell for??? and weren't there less CSL's made in 73'.

How much has a perfect CSL (non Batmobile) sold for...anybody know?

Is their a expert on these really cool cars?
Is their a CSL club?

Please Help me know my BMW a little better,

Thanks,
Kevin Jeannette

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Values seem to be all over the place. A non-bat in driver-quality shape will usually go for 40k+ if it is all correct and in good kit. In concourse shape, there have been a few at 60k+. Bats seem to fetch the most, at 100k+.

As for experts, you are in the right place. Quite a few members own CSLs, and the differences are well-known between the regular and L's.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase.
There are quite a few experts on the board and I do not recall a single
question going unanswered on E9s.

For extra credit there is a CSL expert named Yannick somewhere in France.
He is not very responsive, but with your credentials he may respond.

Welcome home.

chicane

Reaction score
gumby1953 said:
Hello Bimmer-People,

I'm a BMW Newbie, and have been around, but not around BMW's. I'm a Porsche Dude through and through. I do have a little taste tho (thats questionable). I was Hans Stuck's (bigger BMW Driver than Porsche) Crew Chief (Sebring ina Porsche 962). And the same with Brian Redman (Bat-man)3rd at Sebring ina 962. So please don't write me off!!

I'm writing because I have purchased a 1973 CSL. I also have a 1973 Porsche RS Carrera. I'm thinkn the CSL is way tooo cheap vs the RS. A perfect RS will sell for over 300k..... and the CSL will sell for??? and weren't there less CSL's made in 73'.

How much has a perfect CSL (non Batmobile) sold for...anybody know?

Is their a expert on these really cool cars?
Is their a CSL club?

Please Help me know my BMW a little better,

Thanks,
Kevin Jeannette

So, let's see some pics of your car...

Tyler

Reaction score
gumby1953 said:
Did all the CSL's have the stripe down the side-top of fender?

No, the earliest ones often did not, and I have seen later ones where perhaps it was deleted at purchase. The majority, however, do have the stripes.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
CSL

You also need to contact Jimmy Baker, owns quite a few csl's and also a couple of race cars, really know the csl. Lurks here with the name soxrus.
Anxious to see pics.