Reaction score
Nice - I thought I read somewhere the York couldn't handle the new refrigerant but I may be wrong on that. Might give the Alexandria guys a call and see if they have any old parts about too..

Boobouna

Reaction score
Nice - I thought I read somewhere the York couldn't handle the new refrigerant but I may be wrong on that. Might give the Alexandria guys a call and see if they have any old parts about too..

Oh really, yeah I haven’t really looked in to the air con much. Focusing on other things, so once I get on to it I’m sure I’ll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
well, here is a thought. BMW put the M30 engine into many models , I think up to '94. Not sure about Oz. and many had a/c. Possible to acquire a compressor from a '90s variant and mount on your block. Can get a new/rebuilt/used one and see how it goes. Way lighter, quieter, efficient that the original Yorkie. Be sure to get the accommodating bracket though, makes ALL the difference. Plus you need pulley for the belt. Just my 2 cents. Good luck! Mike

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you need the part numbers of the condensor and fan I brought down to gazz last month for the upgrade- let me know. Both are cheap and light to ship.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All, UK based, just north of London, just joined, having just retired from working on customers BMW's for the last 40 years,... Pat

Hi there Pat great to have you on board. Could you please copy and paste this into a new separate thread? This is Darren’s thread and it works out better for everyone to keep things individual.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All,
I joined recently after buying attached 74 Cs 3.0 RHD. Polaris with a vinyl hardtop, yep, that was a thing for about 2 weeks in the 70's.
Cheers,
D

Hello Darren. I (like several others evidently) really dig those UK vinyl tops. As cheesy as it looked on Caddies and Chrysler’s of the era, for some reason I think it really adds something to the e9.

Well done!