nightmare CSI sunroof

pmallinson

Reaction score
Hi Guys

1976 CSI 2 owners from new and looked great (first 2 pictures) , NOW look at the sunroof bodge :-?
BMW11-1.jpg

BMW6.jpg

I have a thread in the parts section for help also :cry:
roofbodge3.jpg

FrontDS.jpg

fullroofbodge.jpg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any restoration is only as good as what is

Under the glossy paint. That's why I no longer believe in buying the best you can find .... Most of us are not capable of spotting the artful dodges of a less than scrupulous restorer. Easily 9 of the last 10 E9's I've looked at belonged to the looks nice but problems underneath.

Use your local experts (Mario for me) and save yourself some heartache.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just learned allot

That is a beautiful car, I love the color! When I bought mine I knew that even though I looked for all the trouble spots and checked everything I knew to check that the only way to really know was to have her stripped bare, which I did. Even then, there were things that were pointed out to me that I did not notice, a rocker replaced on the drivers side, and some front end damage, luckily all relatively minor but it's at least 15K (really more) just to see what you've got and then get her back together with paint and all, so I think it's just the nature of owning one of these things. The roof replacement seems to be relatively minor compared to what some of the folks on this forum have done in the way of repairs. I guess they did not have plasma cutters when they did your roof unfortunately, but you'll get her right, gotta have faith!