NMNA-Cool Alpina 2002

Very cool. Already at $45k. Suspect it will end in the ballpark of the $141K BAT e21 Alpina.
I never knew headlight wipers were available on 2002s. Realoem.com confirms it.

0FE47DF3-4BB8-4DA2-BA8B-148D650FBB3B.jpeg

There is now a driving video on BaT. You don't see the graphics when you're looking at the tach.... Will this car be able to get a California plate?

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 97
Love the car but when I first looked at it, I thought it was sitting on e21 turbine wheels. I guess those are real Alpinas?

i took a look at this car earlier today ... and i LIKE it. having had a Korman built 2002 (185hp w/ 45 dcoes). i can assure you that this car would be really fun and seriously quick. the only downside of the high compression / high overlap cam version is there ain't a lot of torque until you are above 4500 rpm ... but it will pull all the way to redline ... and mine was 7500 rpm. my preference would be to use the s14 in a 2002

Can’t say that I’ve ever been a fan of Alpina graphics though ….
One or two, maybe, but not everywhere you look...I used to give Murray crap for having roundels on his air cleaner on his coupe, that they were for old age when we can't remember what we're driving...

Yea I think comparing a period built, Uber rare, Alpina WITH paperwork to a hotrod with a modern motor may be a bit off the mark. It's akin to comparing a restored CSL to a Hotrod CS... This is a highly collectible, entertaining vehicle compared to a highly entertaining, built vehicle... I'd probably rather have a 2002 hotrod if I really wanted to pile on the fun mileage but that's just me..

The Alpina A4 engine is of course uber cool, but everything added since the Sotheby's auction IMO is tacky as hell. It went from looking like a cool period Alpina tuned 2002 to an e21 that's trying way to hard. Fortunately it’s all stuff that could be reversed fairly easily. Definitely wouldn't kick it out of bed though and makes me a little more comfortable with the money I am spending on my A1/A2 build on my 69 2002! With zero Alpjna badging! ;)

Also the 195hp is a joke. Alpina has the A4 listed anywhere from 153-170hp.

Last edited:
holy crap! More than most Turbo sales. Probably more rare, but I likey the 74 turbos a bit better.

Still plenty of money out there for #1/#2 cool BMWs!

There is now a driving video on BaT. You don't see the graphics when you're looking at the tach.... Will this car be able to get a California plate?
It's pre-'76 so that shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Sorry didn't see MT Title but that can be for tax purposes, it won't need to be smogged so it should be able to get CA plates, unless that has recently changed.

It might get CA plates if in owner’s name for at least two years with that Montana title. It has nothing to do with smog.

Back