NMNA FS Door cards

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks very reasonable ... especially if you can buy it for less than the buy-it-now price.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have been talking with the seller this afternoon. He is willing to ship to US, but of course it is expensive. Hoping we can strike a deal as this would check off a lot of boxes for me. :)

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seems the seller removed the buy now price and is taking his chances with auction only.
Possibly too many under priced offers.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seems there has been a lot of conversations regarding finding or replicating the metal strips. For me, I need the metal, panels and arm rests - the whole shooting match. This auction is a find for me (thanks for posting Keshav). If I manage to buy/win this lot, I will have about 30% of the metal strips available for others to use. :)

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what they finally go for. I suppose that the mailing to the US is what possibly what made the price way higher than just the asking price.
If I was needing a complete set, specially in that color, I’d have grabbed them for the 650 BIN. Alone the chrome strips are worth 200+- Unusual to find a really complete and unmolested set.
Hopefully one of our members will get them for a good price.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what they finally go for. I suppose that the mailing to the US is what possibly what made the price way higher than just the asking price.
If I was needing a complete set, specially in that color, I’d have grabbed them for the 650 BIN. Alone the chrome strips are worth 200+- Unusual to find a really complete and unmolested set.
Hopefully one of our members will get them for a good price.
good point Keshav as a full set of tan panels / arm rests in good shape rarely go up for sale. i have a set of tan vinyl seats (front + rear), rear arm rests (all 3) ... but no side panels.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If I was needing a complete set, specially in that color, I’d have grabbed them for the 650 BIN.
Yes, I probably should have done just that. But it's a slippery slope. I talked with the guy. 650 EUR seems decent. But shipping to US, he was thinking around 300 EUR. So now we're at 950 EUR or around $1,165 USD. At that point, you begin to contemplate that "IF" you found the right parts car with these panels inside, you'd get an entire car for about 2 or 3 times this, but would then have all the rest of those parts to use/sell/share...

The seller was very nice, and is looking into more accurate shipping rates for me. Which is to say, I will still likely bid on the auction based on the estimated shipping costs. This seems like a less common color on e9s. I see it in 2002s all day long, but the e9s seem to have the lighter beige interiors.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, I probably should have done just that. But it's a slippery slope. I talked with the guy. 650 EUR seems decent. But shipping to US, he was thinking around 300 EUR

Wow, 300 to ship. Sure sounds steep.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keshav said:
Wow, 300 to ship. Sure sounds steep.
Exactly! Well, if you were interested in picking up and sending to me for a more reasonable cost... :) It would be so greatly appreciated!

I'll see what he says after looking into it further. 300 might have been a "scare the american" price.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Exactly! Well, if you were interested in picking up and sending to me for a more reasonable cost... :) It would be so greatly appreciated!

I'll see what he says after looking into it further. 300 might have been a "scare the american" price.
I wonder how he came up with 300?

Sure, if it comes down to that, I’ll do the needful. I’ll post it in the same packaging as I get it. Whatever DHL charges is what you’ll pay. 16.50€ is for in country shipping.
Seems the bid is still at 1€. I personally hate auctions but it could go either way.
GLWB!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
good point Keshav as a full set of tan panels / arm rests in good shape rarely go up for sale. i have a set of tan vinyl seats (front + rear), rear arm rests (all 3) ... but no side panels.

In which case, you should bid too. For you Scott, I’ll deliver them personally! :);)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks Keshav ... but i sold my tan door / side panels for a reason ... i have a black interior now. i need to get around to putting the rest of my tan interior up for sale, but shipping seats is a major league PITA

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks Keshav ... but i sold my tan door / side panels for a reason ... i have a black interior now. i need to get around to putting the rest of my tan interior up for sale, but shipping seats is a major league PITA

Possibly someone following this topic might just knock on your door!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob B will be in Atlanta in a couple of days.... Picking up bumper for me.
He delivers parts all across the country.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I continued a conversation with the seller of the brown interior panels. He found a more reasonable shipping rate and it was acceptable to me. However, he told me he had many interested parties in the panels, specifically in conjunction with seats he is also selling. I see this morning that the listing has been terminated, which leads me to believe he sold the whole package to a single buyer. That seemed to be his preferred transaction. He did tell me that all of the interested parties were in the US, so they might be coming this way.

I hunt continues...:(

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The best part about our cars is that there will always be an even better offer, around the corner. Regardless what part it might be. So, another better offer is sure to appear.

Keshav