NMNA: Reasonabily solid 74 (euro!) on Hemmings

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score

"... rust free car..."

Seriously?

68356092-770-0@2X.jpg

This is my phat phinger in this picture. I suggesting to the owner that we remove the rockers to show the good with the bad. I took the undercarriage shots and have driven the car. This car needs a complete repaint and a full interior which gives you license to paint it whatever color you want with whatever interior you want. My car was baikal with a black interior I painted it nachtblau with an ox blood interior and wood of my choice. With a car like this I would do the same.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car was baikal with a black interior I painted it nachtblau with an ox blood interior and wood of my choice.

That's definitely the short version of it :D
This car looks to be a great starting point for a mild restoration, it even seems to be fully okay as is, for a driver?

floridabmx

Reaction score
Thats a damn nice car. might as well be rust free by e9 standards. Especially a sunroof car. My only concern is why is there no inner fender or engine bay pictures.

seh1

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but if something such as color scheme is an issue, that car looks the perfect starting point to someone wanting to do a not insanely costly restoration and light customization. Pictures can hide a lot, but this is about as good as I've seen, and showing rockers like that is unusual. Hopefully someone of the forum gets it. No affiliation whatsoever and I could be very wrong of course, just my .02

hankslick

Site Donor $
Reaction score

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
OC Coupe, I’m a new member to the forum, have been directed your way. This seller has another E9 for sale on Hemmings, a chamonix 73, for big money. I am about to do a PPI, am wondering if you saw this other car as well. Thanks.

I’ve seen both cars. This Malaga car is a great restoration candidate. The white/red car is a last 10% car. It is already pretty but needs little bits and details to make it a super nice car.

hankslick

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’ve seen both cars. This Malaga car is a great restoration candidate. The white/red car is a last 10% car. It is already pretty but needs little bits and details to make it a super nice car.
Happy to know. I recently finished a 5 year resto on an old e-type jag, so looking for a nice driver (not in the rain) that can be improved over time. Thanks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The white one was at Legends last year, First in Class is cleanliness only. I would redo the seats, where are the engine and underside pics? A good PPI is warranted for sure, it’s been for sale off and on for a year.

hankslick

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I wondered why it's been for sale so long - had assumed it was the high price? Or, most buyer's don't want a white E9? Have seen extensive pics of underside, engine bay, looks good though engine block is very rusty for some reason.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wondered why it's been for sale so long - had assumed it was the high price? Or, most buyer's don't want a white E9? Have seen extensive pics of underside, engine bay, looks good though engine block is very rusty for some reason.
Seeing coupes go for $100-125K on BaT gives owners a warped perspective and he started with asking prices in that territory. Chamonix is nice, it’s a nice driver, Mike (OCCoupe) can give you his thoughts.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

$38k seems a little high for a restoration candidate. Now you're talking another $20k (if you do a lot of the disassembly/re-assembly) and 1-2 years. Maybe $10k too high IMHO.

The white one...

hard to say w/o enough pictures (trunk, engine, underside, etc.), but anything north of $70k should have super nice looking seats at least. Like this one.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
$38k seems a little high for a restoration candidate.

All $38k E9’s are restoration candiates through. I can’t think of any e9 valued between $30K and $40K that wouldn’t benefit from paint, interior, suspension, rubber, chrome, or motor work.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well...I should say, full blown restoration including rust repair, engine out, etc. $38k seems a little high.

For not much more, this one seems a lot more solid and original. As opposed to one that was re-painted from Jadegrun to Malaga with rocker work needed.

I would even wager this 74 is a better deal. Just gotta swap bumpers.

hankslick

Site Donor $
Reaction score
$38k seems a little high for a restoration candidate. Now you're talking another $20k (if you do a lot of the disassembly/re-assembly) and 1-2 years. Maybe $10k too high IMHO.

The white one...

hard to say w/o enough pictures (trunk, engine, underside, etc.), but anything north of $70k should have super nice looking seats at least. Like this one.
What’s the reputation of Oldenzaal Classics in the Netherlands? Their cars look gorgeous but purchasing one without actually seeing it in person could lead to disappointment.