No reserve 1971 fjord CSi on BaT

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks purty good, but the bubbling in the paint is a bit disconcerting. And the rear quarters from viewing in the trunk:

1971_bmw_3-0csi_1625840121f9f98764da1971_bmw_3-0csi_16258401205ef66e7dff9f98764d50dd2f3c-9b21-4d6a-969c-3fba1f0c6eff-x46ARt-scaled.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I am lost…..USD 45k and more to come…..(??)
to me, looking at picture #140 +/+, this is a ,project’ car…..

What do you think it should sell for?

I’m not overly concerned about picture 140. You could use that picture to form some assumptions about the rest of the car. It doesn’t mean those assumptions are accurate however.

E8FEBFAB-E4A1-4FE1-8FFE-D37D1D560D8D.jpeg

m5toureg

Reaction score
I have been amazed (rather shocked) for quite some time now, how much of
good money is thrown at cars with more or less obvious (expensive) issues
at your side ,of the pond‘. In addition NOT seen live and NOT driven in most cases.
Exceptions ? Yes, some really nice cars seem to have received a fair appreciation
and a consequent highest bid.
The actual car here discussed, however, to me #picture 140 +/++ and USD 45k makes
no sense. BUT that‘s me, disagreement is ,ok‘, I can certainly accept a different view.
-
Me, would give this car a chance….however, more pictures are needed and a
PPI of someone who KNOWS E9 Coupes is most certainly recommended.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been amazed (rather shocked) for quite some time now, how much of
good money is thrown at cars with more or less obvious (expensive) issues
at your side ,of the pond‘. In addition NOT seen live and NOT driven in most cases.
Exceptions ? Yes, some really nice cars seem to have received a fair appreciation
and a consequent highest bid.
The actual car here discussed, however, to me #picture 140 +/++ and USD 45k makes
no sense. BUT that‘s me, disagreement is ,ok‘, I can certainly accept a different view.
-
Me, would give this car a chance….however, more pictures are needed and a
PPI of someone who KNOWS E9 Coupes is most certainly recommended.

That is a car in California offered by BHCC. They aren’t exactly known for selling top tier e9’s. I think it is safe to say that you get what you pay for. I think their cars are priced fairly however.

I can’t really fathom any of the prices, at any point on BaT. I’m a private sale type…

m5toureg

Reaction score
SOLD FOR $78,000 ON 8/24/21
what ?? let me down easy….. I don’t get it…….
but not my money and it is a free world n I trust we have another happy seller……
-
compared = congrats to this purchase

Last edited:

Dohn

Reaction score
$78K? This was at $45K this morning, and I thought that was fair. I was beginning to think the quarantine price bubble was popping, but now I see I was mistaken.

Could it be that our coupes are finding a "new normal"? After years of lagging behind contemporary luxury cars such as Pagoda Mercs, maybe the market has finally overcome the "ooh, I hear they rust" refrain and decided a drop-dead gorgeous, highway-cruisin' bundle of grace is worth real money! Praise the Lord and pass the agreed value insurance forms...

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think 2800cs's are in a state of flux. They sometimes get 3.0cs, csi money and other are treated as the inferior cousin (yeah they're all e9s and the 2800cs revs really nice!). If this were a 3.0cs I don't think anyone would have expected it to go for 45k. Also the getrag 5 speed seems to make a difference these days.

tmh

Reaction score
Cars with obvious need for inner and outer rockers have gone for $45k, and this one looks much more solid than those cars did. I thought that would get the car to $60k, maybe a bit more. Some fairly nice cars in the last year did not make it past low $70's. Two or more people that want the same car can make a big difference in outcome.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks better than 57k, fuel injection, popular color, 5 speed, Bilsteins and it sounds like the rust situation isn't bad - that would be the deciding factor