Non Running Engine Good Compression and Ignition Spark Present Noid Light Test no Signal

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bill - yes. Despite good ohm readings across both sets of pins and a solid vacuum test - held 15 psi vacuum for 5 + min. Go figure !!

Dana
On to the next adventure, rebuilding the MPS. Sent you a PM re: this issue.

neon

Site Donor
Reaction score
A summary and conclusion of the fuel injection problem: Lots of help from sfdon resulted in a diagnosis of a defective MAP sensor, despite passing the basic MAP testing of holding vacuum and primary and secondary coils intact. Virtually everything else was ruled out. The key diagnostic steps were simply substituting parts known to be in working order (MAP, ECU) until the car ran again. Despite checking voltages at the ECU plug, verifying grounds, verifying wire harness integrity, this step was conclusive.
Now I will be looking for a TPS to have reconditioned in anticipation of it wearing out - any leads please let me know. My Sincere thanks to all who guided me through, especially sfdon and bill.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
A summary and conclusion of the fuel injection problem: Lots of help from sfdon resulted in a diagnosis of a defective MAP sensor, despite passing the basic MAP testing of holding vacuum and primary and secondary coils intact. Virtually everything else was ruled out. The key diagnostic steps were simply substituting parts known to be in working order (MAP, ECU) until the car ran again. Despite checking voltages at the ECU plug, verifying grounds, verifying wire harness integrity, this step was conclusive.
Now I will be looking for a TPS to have reconditioned in anticipation of it wearing out - any leads please let me know. My Sincere thanks to all who guided me through, especially sfdon and bill.
Hi Neon: Any luck with the TPS? There was a guy in Europe somewhere (Denmark, I think)) who could reproduce the PCB in the TPS. If I can find his name I will send it to you.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Neon: Any luck with the TPS? There was a guy in Europe somewhere (Denmark, I think)) who could reproduce the PCB in the TPS. If I can find his name I will send it to you.
i have one ordered for him.