NOS Triple Gauge Set

Nachtycoupe

Well-Known Member
Site Donor $$
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
1,190
Location
Coeur d'Alene, IDAHO
FS: NOS triple gauge kit, voltmeter, oil temperature and oil pressure. Price $134 + shipping. I paid $120 euro for these and decided not to go this route. Just trying to get money I paid for them. It is OBO. No they are not VDO, I looked for a manufacturer and couldn't find who made these.

SV100921.JPGSV100922.JPGSV100923.JPGSV100924.JPG IMG_7808.JPG
 
Si les manomètres sont de marque inconnue, il faudra tester avec des émetteurs VDO .
Comment savoir autrement ?
If the pressure gauges are from an unknown brand, you'll need to test them with VDO transmitters.
How else can you tell?
 
where would you mount this? Is there a preferred location?
Hey Mark, I think the way most people mount these (or any gauge brand) is making a custom gauge holder where the front speaker grill is. It can be made of wood, metal, whatever the look you want to go for since that is kind of wasted space on most coupes. I don't have a speaker behind mine and these smaller gauges should fit usually in a triangular fitment, if not, minimal fabrication to whatever design you want to go with in that slot.
 
Hey Mark, I think the way most people mount these (or any gauge brand) is making a custom gauge holder where the front speaker grill is. It can be made of wood, metal, whatever the look you want to go for since that is kind of wasted space on most coupes. I don't have a speaker behind mine and these smaller gauges should fit usually in a triangular fitment, if not, minimal fabrication to whatever design you want to go with in that slot.
I think I would sell the car before I take the dash out again...
I had a 2002, and a little 3 gauge pod that set next to the main instrument pod
 
Hey Mark, I hear you on that. There are quite a few people on here with the gauges where the speaker sat. The speaker cover comes off very easy with a CC or something to slide behind it and pop it out (you probably know that), whether the whole dash needs to come out in order to wire up the gauges would be another thing. I don't think one would have to do that, but I could be wrong. Interested to hear from some of those who have added the gauges there to see if entire dash needed to come out. I'm still baffled that BMW made it so hard to access back there. The Bavaria on the other hand has a nice cover that comes off with four screws above the normal gauge cluster but it at least allows one to dig around a little better back there. And this is definitely an OBO situation, all offers will be considered. Being that I don't know the manufacturer, I realize they are not very sought after but hey, they should work in all kinds of other vehicles or whatever, so who knows?
 
I think I would sell the car before I take the dash out again...
I had a 2002, and a little 3 gauge pod that set next to the main instrument pod
so why would you take the dash out to put in a gauge cluster? it can all be done with the dash right where it is. you might have to dremel the original speaker cutout a bit, but that can be done in place. you can run the wires to the gauge cluster in the speaker hole without removing anything. you will need to power the lights for the gauges with a connection to the existing gauge panel or to the light switch. the other wires are pretty simple to get there.
 
Agree, adding the gauge pod where the speakers are is very easy. I ran new speaker wire from the amp under back seat to the glovebox area, from there you can just reach up into that speaker cavity. Power could be supplied through the fusebox by passing power wires behind the entire center dash area through to the area behind the glovebox.
I think Mark may have been referring to options people have used where the gauge pod sits up on top of the dash in that three-gauge housing. I have seen that in 2002s and other “sporty” cars,
Not sure I’ve seen that on an E9 but I’m sure it’s been done. I would assume that installation would require dash removal to build a support for that pod.
 
you want the lights in the gauges to be controlled by the headlight switch ... so running wire from the fusebox probably won't do that. i was thinking it was the green / blue wire that left the light switch and went to the lamps in the gauges ... and that doesn't go through the fusebox ... its fed from the light switch to the dip switch and on to the 6 pin gauge connector and then to the lights in the gauges. that is the wire you want to connect to for lights in the new gauges.
 
you want the lights in the gauges to be controlled by the headlight switch ... so running wire from the fusebox probably won't do that. i was thinking it was the green / blue wire that left the light switch and went to the lamps in the gauges ... and that doesn't go through the fusebox ... its fed from the light switch to the dip switch and on to the 6 pin gauge connector and then to the lights in the gauges. that is the wire you want to connect to for lights in the new gauges.

Yes, you’re correct, Scott. I should have been more clear and said “Fusebox area” and more specifically the wiring exactly as you have described it.
 
JC, i only know this because i have to connect my new gauges and the lights on the 74 heater control panel ... and all of them need to connect to the green / blue circuit.
 
Back
Top