not again?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just keeping the thread alive- So, I have the Tundra in the garage/shop and I'm trying to get it started. I ordered the 850i starter (Thanks Don for the link) and it should be here on Friday. I will empty the fuel tank and start replacing lines. For now I will settle for making her movable until I can collect the required parts. As a side note, I enrolled in a welding class for MIG/TIG welding at the local community college, it's a 7 week program, 7 hours per week so hopefully I will learn enough to do some real welding. Stay tuned for that one :)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just keeping the thread alive- So, I have the Tundra in the garage/shop and I'm trying to get it started. I ordered the 850i starter (Thanks Don for the link) and it should be here on Friday. I will empty the fuel tank and start replacing lines. For now I will settle for making her movable until I can collect the required parts. As a side note, I enrolled in a welding class for MIG/TIG welding at the local community college, it's a 7 week program, 7 hours per week so hopefully I will learn enough to do some real welding. Stay tuned for that one :)

Please report back on how this goes. If ever I graduate from my carburetor self study course, I may take some welding classes.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

The 850 starter is for fuel injected cars....

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Unfortunately, one never graduates from this course!

It is astounding how deep this topic goes, even with a well characterized set of engine parameters. Today, even though my carburetors are balanced well, I was evaluating how to build a manometer to sync three carbs at the same time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is astounding how deep this topic goes, even with a well characterized set of engine parameters. Today, even though my carburetors are balanced well, I was evaluating how to build a manometer to sync three carbs at the same time.

So True! On Friday a member emailed me about some AC stuff. I said “sorry, I don’t know anything about things that operate on e9. I’m not there yet. I only know about parts and things that have no mechanical function.” :D