OC Fires

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hope all our SoCal E9’s are safe from the latest wildfires near Irvine. I don’t recall ever seeing a single classic car in that part of Irvine...

And of course I hope people are safe and and their homes are spared from damage.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Less than 3/4 miles from my mom’s place. No valuable cars and she drove to a friend’s place for the night. Not good.

Is this really being exacerbated by global warming ?

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We had to evacuate Irvine at 12 pm today...mandatory. The fire is a couple miles away but they cleared us out. The scene outside looks like Hades...

Luckily my cars are tucked away in Santa Ana.

Attachments

• 20201024_153125.jpg
    20201024_153125.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 128

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I work in Tustin, looked very bad today, wouldn’t be surprised if we all stay away tomorrow.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
We had to evacuate Irvine at 12 pm today...mandatory. The fire is a couple miles away but they cleared us out. The scene outside looks like Hades...

Luckily my cars are tucked away in Santa Ana.
Are those vintage BMX bikes on the wall?

Hopefully Irvine will be spared.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Irony:
my dad had a classic Mercedes at his house, which is now being threatened by one of the OC fires. Fortunately he’d already given the car to my sister in Colorado, where it was burned to the ground last week while it was at a friends house for a few weeks.

God clearly didn’t want us to have this car any longer.

AJay, glad your home isn’t affected.

Last edited:

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good Eye, yes they are. I built a few for my boys and threw the rest up there as displays for the shop...there's a Hutch Trick Star up there, a 80s Redline, an 84 Haro and a couple of GTs...
That is awesome. In 1981, I was as crazy about those bikes as I was about cars. I had a chrome Hutch, but first I had a CYC panther. One kid in the neighborhood had a PK Ripper with the aluminum squareish tubing, another had a Kuwahara. Z rims, Pro-Neck, CW handlebars, all those cool accessories, many of which were made in the USA. Hutch was big in Virginia, my home state, because I think they were based in Maryland. I raced novice class a little, but then I got into skateboarding and surfing. Then I got my driver's license...

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is awesome. In 1981, I was as crazy about those bikes as I was about cars. I had a chrome Hutch, but first I had a CYC panther. One kid in the neighborhood had a PK Ripper with the aluminum squareish tubing, another had a Kuwahara. Z rims, Pro-Neck, CW handlebars, all those cool accessories, many of which were made in the USA. Hutch was big in Virginia, my home state, because I think they were based in Maryland. I raced novice class a little, but then I got into skateboarding and surfing. Then I got my driver's license...

All of those old bmx names bring back so many good memories. The CWs nowadays are a small fortune...there is PK Ripper on my wall...but the holy grail for me was the SE Quadangle. I had one when i was a kid raced it at the La Mirada and Bellflower tracks in the 80s. Redline Flights, Hutch Racing bars, and Bear traps...all the goodies. The bike got stolen and I never found another to replace it. Its the last one left to add to the wall. They are popping up on ebay and offerup once in a while but prices have skyrocketed on them. Good to see that we all transitioned to the e9 circuit.