October car movies

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well ,Halloween is fast approaching, was thinking of one of my favourite car movies that would fit this occasion. "Christine". Then wondered what you may regard as your top 1 or 2 best films featuring a car you like. Perhaps Bond's "Goldfinger", or the car in "Vanishing Point", or "Smokey and the Bandit"....The original Mini movie, "The Italian Job"? What can you add?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure how it has held up, but as a teen I thoroughly enjoyed Freebie and the Bean. Italian Job too.
Loved the 69 Camaro in Aloha Bobby and Rose.
Certainly liked California Kid too.
I owned a Valiant with the power of the Dart Dennis Weaver drove in Dual.
Have always enjoyed cars in movies.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gumball Rally
427 Cobra vs Ferrari Daytona Spyder
haven't seen it since a kid but it introduced me to those cars

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gumball Rally
427 Cobra vs Ferrari Daytona Spyder
haven't seen it since a kid but it introduced me to those cars
funny, i started to look for it + watch it on netflix or amazon prime the other day ... but i will have to do it tonight. gotta love the line, the first rule of italian driving is ... what's behind you is not important (as Raul Julia rips off the rearview mirror of the ferrari)

i got distracted by another old favorite - on any sunday ... the motorcycle movie from the same era.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure how it has held up, but as a teen I thoroughly enjoyed Freebie and the Bean. Italian Job too.
Loved the 69 Camaro in Aloha Bobby and Rose.
Certainly liked California Kid too.
I owned a Valiant with the power of the Dart Dennis Weaver drove in Dual.
Have always enjoyed cars in movies.[/QUOTE
That Italian Job movie, the original one with Michael Caine? had nightmares after I saw those classics tossed over the cliff :eek:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yup, that one with Michael Caine. (one of my favourite actors) Still remember the song "it's a self preservation society"
How about the Miura going over the cliff into the river? I can imagine how hard that would be today with Environmental . regs and all.

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Since its the E9 forum...Andy Garcia/the actress that formerly looked like Meg Ryan throwing eggs at a 911 in "A Man and a Woman" with the Polaris big bumper coupe, and George C. Scott in "The Driver" older bmw 502 cab maybe?...Jack Lemon in the squaretail Siennabraun 2002 in the "China Syndrome", Jacquie Bisset's 356 in Bullitt and yes Steve's Mustang (right there with James Garners' in Grand Prix), and last but not least, Tippi Hedren's Aston DB2? from "The Birds"...Oh, I forgot "Laura's Mercedes" in "North by Northwest"..

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well, while watching the gumball rally ... there was an e9 parked on the side of the road.

gumball e9.JPG

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andy Garcia/the actress that formerly looked like Meg Ryan throwing eggs at a 911 in "A Man and a Woman" with the Polaris big bumper coupe

I had to sell my first coupe to the owner of that polaris one. He told me some people from Touchstone (the production company) saw his car and decided thy had to have it for the movie. So they paid him whatever he wanted and hauled it off. Then he went looking for another one and I happened to need to sell mine to pay for our second kid...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
with all of the different classic cars in gumball rally ... i knew there HAD to be an e9 coupe somewhere in the movie. low and behold there was ... and luckily i saw it (all of 2 seconds)

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Every fall as the weather turns cold and I'm not accustom to the cold tools yet, I go re-watch my favorite cars movies.
Adrenalin
Grand Prix with James Garner
The Last Run -George C Scott
The Fast and The Furious (1955)
Gumball Rally
The Italian Job (original)
LeMans
Ronin
Rush
The Worlds Fastest Indian
King of the Mountain
Two Lane Blacktop
Hollywood Knights

Short films for limited time;
Rendevous
The BMW films
And my YouTube favorites , Project Binky, Petrolicious and SOUP.
You need to be careful - one link leads to another and your find all kinds of cool old racing films from the history of the Nurburgring to Group B rally and German touring car races.

And a my favorite fan made BMW commercial (I have a M635 too)