Of all the ways to be taken out of a race...

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The thrills of racing down under.

“One week after their highly-acclaimed class victory at the 24 Hours of Daytona (USA), BMW team drivers Augusto Farfus (BRA), Chaz Mostert (AUS), and their team-mate Nick Catsburg (NED) were struck by misfortune this time at the Bathurst 12 hours this weekend. An unfortunate collision with a kangaroo initially required a long stop for repairs and forced the team to retire from the race later.”

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Mount Panorama circuit, not far from Sydney, is one of the truly great race tracks in the world in my view.

Here are the highlights of the race.

And some of the local particularities you have to contend with.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are they as dumb as deer? I almost ran over a turtle once, racing ona track. But they are much easier to dodge than a bouncing Kangaroo.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are they as dumb as deer? I almost ran over a turtle once, racing ona track. But they are much easier to dodge than a bouncing Kangaroo.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There was a deer that went bounding across the track at Watkins Glen during a Porsche Driver's Ed event I was attending. Thankfully, it was when the top level 'instructors' group was driving, and there were no incidents.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score

...yep, on some of the more remote highways at dusk they graze near the side of the road in large numbers ....quite nerve wracking as one will invariably dart in front of you. Roads are often littered with roadkill at daybreak ( they come off second best against the large transport trucks )