O'Fest - anyone attending, 1980 front fender recall?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
E1E43E66-7A12-45BE-AE47-0910C7E45283.jpeg
456D8C7C-39F6-4573-ABFD-2AF5E592EB65.jpeg

chapa

Reaction score
So what day and where is the best time to meet the most folks? See the most cars? I can't spend the week, but I live less than an hour away!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi All -- Plans have changed. I'm having trouble with my car, and she won't be making the trip. I will, however, still be attending, albeit in my wife's Mercedes Benz - in honor of Mercedes Benz's amazing streak of six F1 Championships (and because I have spent so much timing working on my coupe this month that I hadn't prepped my other BMW for the trip).

Looking forward to catching up with folks.

Chapa -- please see my earlier post about a gathering Friday afternoon at the Zentrum.

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Hi All -- Plans have changed. I'm having trouble with my car, and she won't be making the trip. I will, however, still be attending, albeit in my wife's Mercedes Benz - in honor of Mercedes Benz's amazing streak of six F1 Championships (and because I have spent so much timing working on my coupe this month that I hadn't prepped my other BMW for the trip).

Looking forward to catching up with folks.

Chapa -- please see my earlier post about a gathering Friday afternoon at the Zentrum.

I'll try to get by with my wagon. I have pics of half my BMW's in front of the zentrum so I need to get one of the wag.

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't make it to the meet at the Zentrum. My wife was getting hungry and I just wanted to go relax in the room. I did see a ton of amazing e9's there and I cant wait to get mine out to some events.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Attendance Friday afternoon was small (Don and Amy each brought really beautiful coupes, Doug Dolan and I showed up without our coupes), but we had several folks who had been touring the Zentrum stop by. BMW factory folks did not seem to mind the location we picked. Don had check in duty for dinner and had to leave after a short visit, but I did get to spend some time catching up with Amy and Wayne and even managed to help Amy with a stumbling problem she was having with her carbs.

Earlier in the day I got a ride in Doug's coupe and on Sat. I arrived at the HQ opening just after Dohn, so I got to see his car up close and hang out a bit. I also got to chat with Lou Ann after seeing her car in the lobby (Apparently the car does not belong to Lon; it is really hers), and saw several of e9 folks without their coupes (Andrew, Doug Dolan, Adkfrank and Paul Cain). Twas fun, and I would have loved to have my coupe there, but my mechanical problem enabled me to avoid the heavy rain on the way down and light rain coming home. In my coupe the trip down would have been miserable.

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Attendance Friday afternoon was small (Don and Amy each brought really beautiful coupes, Doug Dolan and I showed up without our coupes), but we had several folks who had been touring the Zentrum stop by. BMW factory folks did not seem to mind the location we picked. Don had check in duty for dinner and had to leave after a short visit, but I did get to spend some time catching up with Amy and Wayne and even managed to help Amy with a stumbling problem she was having with her carbs.

Earlier in the day I got a ride in Doug's coupe and on Sat. I arrived at the HQ opening just after Dohn, so I got to see his car up close and hang out a bit. I also got to chat with Lou Ann after seeing her car in the lobby (Apparently the car does not belong to Lon; it is really hers), and saw several of e9 folks without their coupes (Andrew, Doug Dolan, Adkfrank and Paul Cain). Twas fun, and I would have loved to have my coupe there, but my mechanical problem enabled me to avoid the heavy rain on the way down and light rain coming home. In my coupe the trip down would have been miserable.

I am glad that I was in my e91 Saturday rather than my 02. The rain made it hard to get out of the grass parking even with traction control. I couldn't imagine the 02 with its pizza cutter sized tires. I was also happy to be in a car with power windows that sealed completely when the bees attacked.

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
These five coupes were with the Classic Club at the Highlands during OFest. Don and Julie Bower, Doug Mckenzie, Eliot Schanckenberg and Tanta Athanus, Frank and Denise Greppo, and Ed Zinsmeyer.
fullsizeoutput_109a.jpeg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry to miss everyone back in Greenville, I had to make my way back to Texas and left The Highlands and headed west/southwest. Thanks to all the Coupes who made the Classic drive, it was good to meet everyone and see your beautiful cars.

Ed

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry to miss everyone back in Greenville, I had to make my way back to Texas and left The Highlands and headed west/southwest. Thanks to all the Coupes who made the Classic drive, it was good to meet everyone and see your beautiful cars.

Ed
It was nice to meet you also. You have a great car.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
These five coupes were with the Classic Club at the Highlands during OFest. Don and Julie Bower, Doug Mckenzie, Eliot Schanckenberg and Tanta Athanus, Frank and Denise Greppo, and Ed Zinsmeyer.View attachment 79024

Great Pic. I didn't get to meet either of the twins. I hope to do more with the Classic group in the future.