Oh Dear...

Malc

Reaction score
Yeah why not....
None BMW and especially none Coupe projects are a piece of p*ss in comparision :wink:
So far I have rebuilt
A Land Rover - big meccano kit
A MGA - A real pain, all compound curves except under the heater!
A BMW 2002 Tii - Made me brave enough to have a go at a Csi
A 2CV - made of tissue paper - my very first restoration

and various racing cars :roll:

Malc

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah why not....
None BMW and especially none Coupe projects are a piece of p*ss in comparision :wink:
So far I have rebuilt
A Land Rover - big meccano kit

A '92 RRC County is my other project right now. It's very familiar if you own an old BMW -- rust, flaky injection, fragile NLA trim bits... :p

Malc

Reaction score
A '92 RRC County is my other project right now. It's very familiar if you own an old BMW -- rust, flaky injection, fragile NLA trim bits... :p

Range Rovers are 2 a penny over here especially the older "classic" shaped ones
If you get stuck for NLA parts etc I'm sure I / we can find them for you

Malc

AndyM

Reaction score

I had one of those a year or so ago. I got it for a song -- it wouldn't stay running for more than a minute or so before it would stall, then start right up again. No one could figure it out and the guy was tired of spending money on it. Ended up having a hole rusted into the pickup tube in the gas tank and it would suck up air instead of gas. :shock: I fixed that, cleaned it up and it turned out to be a really nice car. Made a tidy profit off it too. :wink:

Malc -- now that the BMW is done, my current project is turning my Jeepster Commando into a rockcrawler (we have lots of desert and rocks around here). I don't expect most people here to appreciate this, but I figure you may appreciate some of the fab work. In a nutshell it involves a 2007 5.3L Vortec, four-speed with granny low, 1-ton axles with air lockers and 4.56 gears, 3-link front and 4-link rear with coil-overs, 37" tires and a whole bunch of other stuff. This'll give you an idea:

JeepsterBuild071.jpg

JeepsterBuild056.jpg

JeepsterBuild054.jpg