Oil cooler line leak

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am experiencing an oil leak at the connection of one of the oil cooler lines (in red circle). Before I mangle some thing, does anyone know if I can pull the hose off at the brass fitting and replace an o-ring?
Thanks,
Kingman
oil leak.png

Honolulu

Reaction score
Looks like the circled fitting is crimped on, meaning it wasn't intended to be removed. If you could find another such fitting, unused, you might be able to remove the crimped fitting by careful use of a hacksaw or Dremel tool with a cutting wheel. You'll need access to proper crimping to reassemble.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it's the hose that's leaking, the best solution is usually to remove it and bring it to the local hydraulic service store and see if the can fix it or make you a new one.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
The fitting can be removed from the hose and a new one made at a local hydraulic shop like The Parker Store or Granberry and many other places. I had all of my cooler lines replaced this way

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a new set of hoses made when I added the oil cooler to my e9. A good local hose shop can do that but the fittings probably won't look factory. Of course the factory never jacked up the e9 engine compartment like I did to mine :)