Oil pressure switch

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would like to install an electric VDO oil pressure gauge on my 3.0 CS, and also maintain the original idiot light. I went to the Jegs website and am bewildered by all of the options for sending units. They have different "electrical contact numbers" whatever that means.

After getting some ideas from NAPA I called Jegs. They could not match the NAPA numbers and the person I talked to was not particularly interested in helping me figure it out.

I know the distance between the oil galley port and the firewall is not large.

Has anyone done this? Are the port threads (and thus sender threads) standard pipe threads or are they metric?

Advice appreciated.

steve in reno

Reaction score
The OP port on the rear/side of the head are metric threads. You can use it for as many different pressure gauges as you desire. Use a splitter when using for both idiot light and functional gauge.

When you find the OP gauge that you desire get the matched sensor that will screw into the port/adaptor threads. Wiring goes from power to gauge to sensor and back. No brainer to install.
FYI:
I had LED gauges on my coupe for awhile. Located in the speaker hole. BAD decision on my part. While I like the numeric values display. The LED lights cannot be dimmed, and were a nuisance during night driving.

HTH
steve

Tyler

Reaction score
These guys have the correct VDO parts to join an oil pressure gauge sender to the stock idiot light sender. I think its part number M000131 or 132. I have it on my coupe and it works great.

http://www.parkerperformance.com/

Sender.jpg

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tyler said:
These guys have the correct VDO parts to join an oil pressure gauge sender to the stock idiot light sender. I think its part number M000131 or 132. I have it on my coupe and it works great.

http://www.parkerperformance.com/

I have the same set-up on my 2002. Have had it since ~1985 or so. Yes - works great. I very much appreciate seeing real pressure values - as opposed to the light. By the time the light would come on, the engine probably would be toast.