Oil

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Having just purchased my 3.0 CSi I thought it time for a service and tune up. Tends to miss when cruising at 100km/h. It is like a jolt and you have to either ease or increase revs. Wondering what everyone is using for oil. I have been told to use Lucas 20w 50.
Any ideas/recommendations please??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

m73

Reaction score
I went to my dealer & purchased Castrol TWS for 'M' cars. I am really happy with it albeit if feels a bit 'thick' -- yet substantial.

It was & still is expensive but no complaints.

-Mo

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Having just purchased my 3.0 CSi I thought it time for a service and tune up. Tends to miss when cruising at 100km/h. It is like a jolt and you have to either ease or increase revs. Wondering what everyone is using for oil. I have been told to use Lucas 20w 50.
Any ideas/recommendations please??

Hi Jarrod, If you are having a problem related to missing at higher speeds, it sounds to me like FI could be the culprit, and some adjustment needed.
Re oil, I have always used Penrite in older cars and have never had any issues (+ like supporting Aust. made)

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sounds like a possible TPS issue on the miss... do you have a book on Djet? There's a process for testing it and the other components.

jarrod ingleton

Reaction score
Thank you gents- appreciate the comments and advice. Have booked it in for a service and tune up. Hopefully can resolve the issue.