Oktoberfest

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone here going to Beaver Creek for this event and also registered for the Concours? I would love to see a list of entrants which you can only do if registered as last year they did not treat the vintage owners as well as the newer BMWs when it came to judging classes. The most cars were in the vintage category but there was only one class to compete in which was the Clean class. Newer cars had Super Clean as well with only two or three cars in each class. The CCA wasn't interested in feedback on how to improve this worthwhile event.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
That seemed to be more a screw up than anything. "First Generation Clean" was a listed option for entering but the day of the show everyone got lumped together after the cars who were in super clean weren't judged. They certainly seemed quite cavalier about the whole thing.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those who registered in Vintage could choose Clean or Super Clean. When they arrived there were signs showing both where to park. When no judges showed up for SC I went to head judge Darlene, our new CCA Treasurer. She said we never have Super Clean for Vintage which was news to the participants. All other categories which included 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen cars had both categories, some with only 2 or 3 cars in them. They eventually lumped Vintage SC into Clean so they did get judged but contestants wasted their time cleaning engine bays, very frustrating. Ask Gary C how he felt! Oh, and Darlene's car won an award.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know Gary was very disappointed. He worked really hard and they didn't even judge where he was most improved. Seemed like a bait and switch.