On the look out our for a RHD CSi

E9Aus

Reaction score
Golf E9

Hi, I can tell you a bit about this car but I should say I have not seen it in the tin, just spoken to the guy about it a couple of times.

It was restored by a BMW dealer up in QLD and they seem to have done a pretty good job. If you check the CS racing model they also have on carsales.com.au for $350,000, both of these were prepared side by side and apparently the golf one got the racing model's old interior in the process too.

The car is not an original CSi, it is a CS that has had the Haltech fuel injection added to it later. I think the aircon was added later too as I don't believe many if any E9's were released in Aus with ac (strangely given it's so bloody hot here in summer!). Then again it may not have originally been delivered to Aus, I didn't get that far with my questions.

The guy says the body and engine have both been "done" but not sure to what extent. he says it's not concourse but in very tidy shape. Personally I think the interior looks great but the colour doesn't grab me. I would have come seriously close to buying this one though given it's condition if it was an original CSi but since it is not I passed.

He seems very negotiable. A nice guy (army guy) and has had it only a couple of years. For some reason though is struggling to sell it, mainly cos he's trying to get CSi $ for a CS model I guess. I think $20k - $21k would get it.

Good luck.