Original + battery cable ??

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have what appears to be an NOS + battery cable which I would like to incorporate into my wiring cleanup project. Below it is the cable that came off my car. Can anyone confirm which is the correct version? Thanks.

IMG_4153.jpg

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve, the one on the bottom of your picture looks like the one I just removed when doing carb work with summer. Pretty sure that it is original.
Cool, was wondering because there is one purported to be NOS on Kleinanzeigen (identical to my spare) with the part number 61121355434 tag still on it:

a719fc36-6996-4021-80aa-8bd5a5a2c6d2.jpg

970e7ca0-92b4-4d17-99d2-ee8e3b0e6774.jpg

But my harness appears to be wrapped for the single cable like we have. And the RealOEM diagram shows the single cable but I usually don't take those pics as gospel:

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 12.15.30 PM.png

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cool, was wondering because there is one purported to be NOS on Kleinanzeigen (identical to my spare) with the part number 61121355434 tag still on it:

View attachment 169618

View attachment 169619

But my harness appears to be wrapped for the single cable like we have. And the RealOEM diagram shows the single cable but I usually don't take those pics as gospel:

View attachment 169620
Get that one with small fittings for relay wires. The only BMW one still available is e28 with two wires and metal bracket. The wire ran to starter and the other from starter to alternator.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Get that one with small fittings for relay wires. The only BMW one still available is e28 with two wires and metal bracket. The wire ran to starter and the other from starter to alternator.
I have a small ancillary fuse box on the firewall that powers the relays and windows so I am cleaning it all up so nothing is attached to the batt terminal. I’ll keep the original setup. Thanks.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a small ancillary fuse box on the firewall that powers the relays and windows so I am cleaning it all up so nothing is attached to the batt terminal. I’ll keep the original setup. Thanks.
I would like to see what you are doing Steve. My winter project is to do an engine bay clean-up. I have added some wire and a fuse for one item and would like to add the fuse/fusable link that @sfdon mentioned in his post on @BarneyT 's coupe.