Original rocker cover finish?

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
How is satin finish made? On spare rocker covers I have satin finish. On white colored finish only bottom edge remained in satin.

The ebay ones need rust work in the front corners & lips (& likely other places once you remove the coating, which appears to be flaking off in places). And then metal pro to rebuild rotted areas, straighten the lip, the area around the jack-support holes, and probably bend the entire rocker back into the correct shape. Would only be economical due to combined value of trim & almost complete rocker covers, if you can do required metal work.

This is the schutz I have bookmarked, but I want to avoid painting over it and believe other options and truck-bed liner sprays exist which can achieve a close match--just need to find it.

SchutzCapture.PNG

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess you can always add some LED light strips under the rockers if you get bored.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All the feelings should be shared as broadly & freely as possible, lest anyone doubt the depth of my feels. :oops:
Jay, just how deep are your "feels" and what is the feeling of the feeled one about your feels? And obviously I am not talking about emotions. I don't like them but is there an emoji for this? Rated PG.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had good results rolling on primer on the rockers and lower sections of a tii. Spraying is probably much easier but I was surprised how good rolling on texture looked.