over the new image of the forum

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
take the initial page, more than 1/3 of the information is useless, what is the subforum about, how many threads and how many messages and other useless information, then you have to get the real interesting info from the 2/3 of the space, why ?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd be interested to learn what browser/platform you are using to look at the forum. While the change looks mildly different on my screen (fonts, color, and a few misc. details), it is largely identical in format and concept to the "old" version. Which is to say, I think all of the same information is on there more or less. I hadn't noticed the 1/3, 2/3, 1/5 relationships, which is why I wonder if it is reacting different on your interface.?.

I assume (right, wrong or otherwise) that this update provides better functionality behind the scenes - and maybe better searching??? I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is frustrating when your donation dollars go toward a system upgrade that fails to meet your user experience requirements.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks ok on my screen too. But my bookmark takes me to the new posts and it looks fine and I think the fonts are better.

I'd be interested to learn what browser/platform you are using to look at the forum. While the change looks mildly different on my screen (fonts, color, and a few misc. details), it is largely identical in format and concept to the "old" version. Which is to say, I think all of the same information is on there more or less. I hadn't noticed the 1/3, 2/3, 1/5 relationships, which is why I wonder if it is reacting different on your interface.?.

I assume (right, wrong or otherwise) that this update provides better functionality behind the scenes - and maybe better searching??? I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds. ;)

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
The new format looks great to me. Thanks Dan and Markos for all that you do for all of us!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
a disaster, very nice, in the format, but providing bigger images and smaller text
i insist i do not like it at all

not complaining about the functionality, the aspect in an ipad looks that all the elements have grown bigger giving less relevance to the text
feels almost ridicuolus

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
not complaining about the functionality, the aspect in an ipad looks that all the elements have grown bigger giving less relevance to the text
feels almost ridicuolus
Provide a screenshot. No one else seems to be having issues..

Carmine

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. For me, Android user, works great! It's more usable for smartphone

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
this is the thing:

my screen looks like this:

more than half of the screen is filled with useless information, probably nice if you are entering the forum the first time as descriptions of the subforums,

then how many threads and how many posts ? seriously ? what for ? that is irrelevant,

it might be good to know if the subforum is active or not, but cuantlity ?

rest of the important information is squeezed in the right side of the screen

forum view 2.JPG
forum view.JPG

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
and when you open any of those threads:

where are the number of posts that were there before ?

and the location ?

and when was he registered ?

that inofrmation helped a lot to identify and know who is writting

forum view 4.JPG

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i am sorry the administrator does not like the comments to a new format from a member that has contributed with more than 5000 posts including 50000 pictures and tenths of DIY write ups

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jesus, your opinion has been noted. Thank you for your years of contribution and knowledge you've brought to this community. I am truly sorry that I offended you in any way and will be sure to submit your changes to the software developers of the platform so the milllions of users around the world can benefit from it.

Reactions: Wes

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jesus, your opinion has been noted. Thank you for your years of contribution and knowledge you've brought to this community. I am truly sorry that I offended you in any way and will be sure to submit your changes to the software developers of the platform so the milllions of users around the world can benefit from it.
d'Q, Dan and Mark put untold hours into this forum. For free, nada, nothing!! I have no problems whatsoever with the new format. And even if I did, I would post a more diplomatic post perhaps, only perhaps, including some constructive changes that the admins MIGHT want to consider after all their hard work is done.

I am also offering a suggestion to you that I follow when I am angry or frustrated or disappointed or whatever. Before sending that kind of hot post, I read it at least twice. I proofread, edit, revise. Then I step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and consider once again whether I really want to put this out there.

Confession, I became angrier and angrier with you as I read your intemperate posts. I was simmering. But when I came to your screen shots with the angry red "X"s and circles and question mark I really started to boil.

I don't know how Dan and Mark and Steve and others held their electronic tongues. And I will hold mine and not bang the keyboard with what I would only say in private.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
d'Q, Dan and Mark put untold hours into this forum. For free, nada, nothing!! I have no problems whatsoever with the new format. And even if I did, I would post a more diplomatic post perhaps, only perhaps, including some constructive changes that the admins MIGHT want to consider after all their hard work is done.

I am also offering a suggestion to you that I follow when I am angry or frustrated or disappointed or whatever. Before sending that kind of hot post, I read it at least twice. I proofread, edit, revise. Then I step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and consider once again whether I really want to put this out there.

Confession, I became angrier and angrier with you as I read your intemperate posts. I was simmering. But when I came to your screen shots with the angry red "X"s and circles and question mark I really started to boil.

I don't know how Dan and Mark and Steve and others held their electronic tongues. And I will hold mine and not bang the keyboard with what I would only say in private.

Steve
PS: The title of your post is insulting. So there, I said it.