over the new image of the forum

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
No worries guys, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some are better than others about how they communicate it but in the end it's just an opinion.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
After reading this thread I've decided to make another donation to the e9coupe website. I embrace change. Huge Thanks to this site's administrators. We should all be appreciative for what you do for our hobby. (In the end its still only a hobby for most of us)

Happy D-Day 75th Anniversary!

Cheers

John

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It’s different but I have no issues with it. But then I don’t get upset at every little issue. It’s called maturity I think.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
We did a major upgrade, not just a revision, so all the settings I had in place did not get migrated. There's some spacing and visual things that will get adjusted as we go so think of it as getting a "new" old car and working out the bugs before you feel comfortable with it.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but it looks like the location info and messages count of the users are now back! Awesome.

This seems to indicate to me that we are in the early stages of this upgrade and rough edges will be smoothed out very soon.

Thank you Dan!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
d'Q, Dan and Mark put untold hours into this forum. For free, nada, nothing!! I have no problems whatsoever with the new format. And even if I did, I would post a more diplomatic post perhaps, only perhaps, including some constructive changes that the admins MIGHT want to consider after all their hard work is done.

I am also offering a suggestion to you that I follow when I am angry or frustrated or disappointed or whatever. Before sending that kind of hot post, I read it at least twice. I proofread, edit, revise. Then I step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and consider once again whether I really want to put this out there.

Confession, I became angrier and angrier with you as I read your intemperate posts. I was simmering. But when I came to your screen shots with the angry red "X"s and circles and question mark I really started to boil.

I don't know how Dan and Mark and Steve and others held their electronic tongues. And I will hold mine and not bang the keyboard with what I would only say in private.

Steve

o’n
you are right
thank you

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
d'Q, Dan and Mark put untold hours into this forum. For free, nada, nothing!! I have no problems whatsoever with the new format. And even if I did, I would post a more diplomatic post perhaps, only perhaps, including some constructive changes that the admins MIGHT want to consider after all their hard work is done.

I am also offering a suggestion to you that I follow when I am angry or frustrated or disappointed or whatever. Before sending that kind of hot post, I read it at least twice. I proofread, edit, revise. Then I step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and consider once again whether I really want to put this out there.

Confession, I became angrier and angrier with you as I read your intemperate posts. I was simmering. But when I came to your screen shots with the angry red "X"s and circles and question mark I really started to boil.

I don't know how Dan and Mark and Steve and others held their electronic tongues. And I will hold mine and not bang the keyboard with what I would only say in private.

Steve

hi o’n
as to the ,

i was asked to provide a screenshot, so i did and completed it with arrows to show the 1/3,2/3,...
maybe if you have not been simmering...

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hi o’n
could you please educate me in which part of the title is insulting ?
i will appreciate an alternative title if you are so kind to tell me
thank you o’n
Jesus, I think that calling the hard work that was done by Dan "A total mess" in a thread title does not come across as a very friendly thing to say. Constructive criticism is always helpful, but that title did not convey that. It was especially surprising considering how helpful you have otherwise always been to others.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jesus, I think that calling the hard work that was done by Dan "A total mess" in a thread title does not come across as a very friendly thing to say. Constructive criticism is always helpful, but that title did not convey that. It was especially surprising considering how helpful you have otherwise always been to others.
thank you

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
Getting used to the new site now but find the font a little weak against the background for my eyes compared to before, I use my laptop to view so don't know what it looks like on a tablet or phone yet. Thanks for keeping this going, I'd be lost without it.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Getting used to the new site now but find the font a little weak against the background for my eyes compared to before, I use my laptop to view so don't know what it looks like on a tablet or phone yet. Thanks for keeping this going, I'd be lost without it.
I can lighten up the background some. Already did a little bit but still tweaking...

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm eternally grateful to the Forum, members and administrators for so many reasons. While I appreciate some people don't like change or struggle with new technology there is a world of difference between constructive and destructive criticism. If I got 'lost' on the new site or something didn't work then I'd speak up. That hasn't been my experience. Posting screen shots covered with red pen and snippy comments is frankly unhelpful and insulting to those that administer the site. Not to mention what it says about the author. Sadly, that can't be undone, now I just hope everybody cools their manifolds and in the cold light of day perhaps offer an apology?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
After reading this thread I've decided to make another donation to the e9coupe website. I embrace change. Huge Thanks to this site's administrators. We should all be appreciative for what you do for our hobby. (In the end its still only a hobby for most of us)

Happy D-Day 75th Anniversary!

Cheers

John

I love this. Has anybody considered the irony of wanting to celebrate D-Day on a German car forum :)
Bit like the UK celebrating the 4th of July.

Thought this thread needed some levity..