Overdone?

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by taxi interior, but the wood and the leather and the Coco mats? all clash violently against my eyeballs. It lacks the subtly of most coupe interiors. It sort of pops.

2002turbo

Reaction score
It just needs some dice hanging from the mirror and then one of those massage seat covers with all the little balls to complete the picture.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is the trick with the AFM popular in E9 with modern (not D-Jet) BOSCH ECU?

1644166945869.png

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
C'mon guys...It's personal preference. No need to bash his choices. It continues to amaze me that we all focus on the personal or inconsequential details of other E9's when the elephant in the room that rarely get's talked about is the frigging chassis. Personally, I don't give a rats ass if the interior isn't my preferred color or the steering wheel isn't to my liking. The thing you'll sink 10's of thousands of dollars and month/years of time into is the chassis. Is it solid? Has it been restored by someone knowledgeable? Was it documented? Next, is the engine.. solid? Modded? awesome. Who did it? THOSE are the questions...Not oh the frigging steering wheel isn't a Petri ....blah..blah..blah.

I'd MUCH rather swap an interior color or move the engine compartment stickers around, or buy some little red handled screwdriver than cut the front fenders off and open up the rockers, or replace the floors and I would hazard a guess, so would all of you.

I'll let myself out now...;-)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Fabulous car.

Only nit is the black door grab bars. Easy for new owner to get red ones.

Congrats on a great sale!

I'd put that money towards a 993 turbo

RJRuiz

Reaction score
Fabulous car.

Thanks! Going to drive my 850 CSi for awhile before I buy anything else. Thinking convertible next.

Let's see what's out there when I'm ready again.

R

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fabulous car.

You wouldn't get too far w 120k towards a 993 turbo now... They dipped a while back but have come back with a vengeance. Nice ones are 170 now... and let's not even discuss the 964 market. Crazy

floridabmx

Reaction score
Everytime I see those steering wheels in a coupe I immediately think the seller bought it off ebay for $50 and robbed the petri wheel out of it before listing it for sale haha

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Everytime I see those steering wheels in a coupe I immediately think the seller bought it off ebay for $50 and robbed the petri wheel out of it before listing it for sale haha
True dat:

1972_bmw_3.0csi_1972-BMW-3.0-CSi_01172022_102-scaled.jpg

New owner with that amount of money spent, should invest in a Petri.