Overwhelmed E3 owner

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Congrats on the treasure trove!

I'm afraid when I pass, my wife will just GIVE AWAY all my junk as she doesn't want to deal w/anything.

Hoping I can complete my projects and get rid of my spare parts before then to make it easier for her to sell. Then again, my hoard is getting worse; not better over the past 20 years.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm not saying anything about what my "wife" can do after I die...... but as it pertains to the e3/e9 parts, if you can get rid of the parts as they are, meaning no disassembly that would be best. It's hard to justify selling a trapezoid mirror for 50 bucks when it takes two hours to remove without destroying it- just something to think about :-(

stphers

Reaction score
Good deal You should put the Alfa stuff up on the Alfa BB to sell the stuff. I see a block in one of the pictures. Some of the Alfa stuff rivals E9 parts prices

I keep bringing my kids out to my shop and sort of tell them that this shelf is worth this much, that shelf is worth this much and so on so if I do have an issue, at least they have some idea of what it is all worth BMW 2002 and E9 parts, Porsche parts, Alfa parts and all the tools and equipment

Thanks, Rick

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I claim dibs on any interior E9 A/C parts - console, face plate, etc if they are part of the haul!

shorton540

BMW Cross member
Site Donor
Reaction score
F19BF7A9-0322-428A-9D79-47D39CDA02D6.jpeg EFC0E84A-5504-4B04-88FE-E67D0DA6E344.jpeg A12CE9C6-323A-433E-B25B-9CD8EE6C8C20.jpeg D20B6F23-ADDB-4607-866F-E6B30F6F6AE6.jpeg EB62C118-D6AF-4B9C-895E-AF38BF60E56B.jpeg DB982DEA-557F-4DA2-9CD0-965BEA340B5B.jpeg Getting back into the hoard this afternoon. We have pallets and industrial plastic wrap to start moving things out. This is where we will really get a specific idea of what is in there. Anyone interested in E9/early E3 front seats? The upholstery/vinyl/leather isn’t in good shape but the frames and functionality certainly are. I will migrate over to the appropriate forum as we switch from moving and inventory to getting rid of this stuff.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps, finally a benefit for living in New England....other than football that is.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suggest an open house for new England we E9/E3 folks. We will all come up, help you sort/value stuff, make offers to buythings in the spot. It might be an efficient way to accomplish multiple tasks in one go.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suggest an open house for new England we E9/E3 folks. We will all come up, help you sort/value stuff, make offers to buythings in the spot. It might be an efficient way to accomplish multiple tasks in one go.

They did that here in the Seattle area for a widow. Several 2002 owners stepped up to help with pricing. They moved a lot of inventory. It was a whole house full of stuff.

restart

Reaction score
Congrats on the treasure trove!

I'm afraid when I pass, my wife will just GIVE AWAY all my junk as she doesn't want to deal w/anything.

Hoping I can complete my projects and get rid of my spare parts before then to make it easier for her to sell. Then again, my hoard is getting worse; not better over the past 20 years.

Pretty sure my kids will be throwing my hoard into a dumpster! The parts are more liability than asset.