Pair of E9 Strut Mounts/Bearings

sreams

Reaction score
I bought these strut mounts recently to replace my worn out ones. They were on the car for about a month, and then I removed them and installed adjustable camber plates. They are in excellent working condition with no visible wear or tearing. These are $200/ea new. Looking for $275 for both, and will ship within the continental US for free.

I also have the following used items available:

full set of stock springs

front and rear stock sway bars

(4) 3-dot rear spring pads

All are in good usable condition.

-Scott

Attachments

• e9strutmounts.jpg
    e9strutmounts.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 147

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for sale

Scott,

I will take those mounts/bearings. I am traveling, and will be home tomorrow. Please let me know your PayPal account name via PM, so I can pay you ASAP.

Gary Knox
West Chester, PA 19382

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Carl has adjustable plates, around $100, camber only no caster adjustment. Almost invisible when mounted, takes camber back to zero degrees.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the ireland is only for 2.5" springs (coilover).
the kmac (sold by bavauto and turner) is made for stock springs. generally very good products
the ground control is probably the best product if you can get the spring perch ...

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They have a fixed 0.5-0.7 degrees of negative camber built in. Our coupes come with that same amount of positive camber so it gets you back to zero.

sreams

Reaction score
They have a fixed 0.5-0.7 degrees of negative camber built in. Our coupes come with that same amount of positive camber so it gets you back to zero.

I find that on Carl's springs I am at negative 0.7 degrees when using stock strut mounts, so it seems these would be best on coupes with stock springs.

-S

sreams

Reaction score
Maybe Carl's plates actually fix camber on the opposite direction: lower the car and the camber goes negative. The plates go positive and cancel it out.

BTW... the last time I looked at the BMW documentation for E9 camber,I could have sworn it said 0 degrees for CS/CSi, and -1 for CSL.

sreams

Reaction score
Reading Carl's website... the plates are supposed to add 0.5 degrees negative camber.

That said, I found the BMW documentation on this (attached). With stock suspension, the CS/CSi should be at 0 degrees of camber, and the CSL -1 degrees. Since a lowered car should go more negative, and if you add even more negative camber with Carl's plates, it seems very odd that the result would be 0 degrees. Maybe something is wrong? In my case, camber was 0 degrees before lowering, and -0.7 degrees with Carl's springs. That was before adding adjustable camber/caster plates.

-Scott

Attachments

• bmwe9alignment.jpg
    bmwe9alignment.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 80

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I mixed up negative and positive perhaps. As you pointed out out Tech Data shows static around zero plus 30'. And Carl's plates add 0.7 degrees negative. My alignment specs show I'm near zero to slightly negative. Is 30' equal to 0.5 degree?

Edit: yes 30' equals 0.5 degree. Our coupes came with up to 0.5 degrees positive.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have Carl's neg camber plates and lowering springs and my alignment specs are -1 and -.9 for the fronts.